People new to buying insurance online will discover purchasing the lowest-priced Leesburg car insurance quite challenging.
You should make it a habit to compare rates on a regular basis since rates change regularly. Even if you got the lowest rates two years ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn one of the quickest ways to find great coverage at a great price.
Comparison of Car Insurance in Leesburg, Virginia
Most companies provide price estimates directly from their websites. The process is quite easy as you just type in your personal and coverage information into a form. After you complete the form, the company’s rating system automatically retrieves your credit score and driving record and returns pricing information based on many factors.
Quoting online helps simplify price comparisons, but the work required to visit many different websites and type in the same information can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the best price possible.
A more efficient way to compare rates utilizes a single form that gets price quotes from many companies. This type of form saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes quoting online much more enjoyable. Immediately after submitting the form, your coverage is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any or none of the price quotes you receive. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. The whole process just takes a couple of minutes and can result in significant savings.
If you want to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, click here to open in a new tab and complete the simple form. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate your coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This guarantees you will have a price comparison for similar coverage.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Auto insurance companies do not list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the harder-to-find car insurance savings.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can save you money because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies will give a small break for buying your policy digitally online.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see a list of companies offering car insurance discounts in Leesburg, click this link.
What about using a local agent?
Certain consumers just want to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will compete for your business. You never need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. How’s that for easy! You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with.
Selecting an insurance company requires more thought than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
The different types of insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a good Leesburg insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Leesburg are either independent (non-captive) or captive.
Captive agents can only write with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Captives cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only buy from captive agents partially due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are Leesburg captive insurance agents that are able to give price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 120 E Market St # 3 – Leesburg, VA 20176 – (703) 669-3464
- State Farm Insurance – 11 Catoctin Cir SE – Leesburg, VA 20175 – (703) 777-3442
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, we recommend you contact several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.Many can place coverage with smaller companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Leesburg that can give you price quote information.
- Marshall Agency Inc-Loudoun – 110 E Market St – Leesburg, VA 20176 – (703) 737-7870
- Fred A Meyer Insurance – 7 Wirt St SW – Leesburg, VA 20175 – (703) 437-5185
- Nationwide Insurance – 17 Fort Evans Rd NE # A – Leesburg, VA 20176 – (703) 729-7283
To view a full list of insurance agents in Leesburg, please view this page.
Upon receiving reasonable responses and a low price estimate, you’ve probably found an insurance agent that can insure your vehicles.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Is my vehicle covered for smoke damage?
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
What impacts Leesburg insurance rates?
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that could result in better car insurance rates.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into premiums.
- Performance influences rates – The make and model of the car you drive makes a huge difference in your rates. Economy passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Even a single moving violation can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Careful drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get severe violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Your spouse saves you money – Getting married helps lower the price on car insurance. It translates into being more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Pleasure use saves money – The more miles you rack up on your car every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy is showing how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that you can buy when buying car insurance. Coverages for roadside assistance, towing coverage and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
Do you really save 40% when you switch?
Companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads in print and on television. All the ads say the same thing that you’ll save big after switching your coverage to them. But how can every company say the same thing?
All companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that is profitable for them. An example of a profitable customer might be profiled as between the ages of 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has a short commute. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and as a result will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who are not a match for this ideal profile must pay higher premiums and this can result in the customer not buying. The ads say “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save that kind of money. This is how companies can claim big savings. This illustrates why you need to get quotes from several different companies. You cannot predict the company that will give you the biggest savings.
Smart consumers save more
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new car insurance company can be pretty painless.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
You just learned a lot of tips how to shop for car insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Additional consumer information websites
Additional detailed information is located at the Virginia Bureau of Insurance website. Visitors are able to find out industry alerts, report car insurance fraud, and learn about insurance regulations.