No normal person looks forward to buying car insurance, especially when they are aware that the cost is way too high. Companies like State Farm and GEICO increase brand awareness with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to ignore the flashy ads and find the best price available.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Moline is easy if you know what you’re doing. But Illinois vehicle owners must understand the way companies determine prices.
Don’t overlook these car insurance discounts
Some insurance providers do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so here is a list a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you .
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can earn substantially lower prices.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a . Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo can help you save on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with several vehicles on the same car insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Some companies who might offer most of the discounts above include:
When getting , it’s a good idea to each company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in every state. If you would like to view insurers with the best discounts in Moline, follow this link.
Many insurance companies give pricing direct online. Getting prices online doesn’t take much effort as you just enter your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system will order your driving record and credit report and provides a quote. Quoting online makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the time required to go to each company’s website and repetitively type in the same information can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it’s absolutely necessary to do this if you want to get lower prices.
The better way to compare rates
The easiest way to get multiple rate quotes makes use of a single form that obtains quotes from a bunch of companies at once. This type of form saves time, reduces the work, and makes online shopping a lot less work. After your information is entered, it gets priced and you can choose your choice of the quotes returned. If you find a better price you can click and sign and buy the new coverage. It takes less than 15 minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, simply click here to open in new window and begin entering your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you duplicate the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you will have comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
Will just any policy work for me?
When buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Online plus local equals savings
In this article, we presented many ideas to save on car insurance. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may discover the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Some insurance providers do not provide online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents. Affordable car insurance is available online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money.