No sane person looks forward to paying for car insurance, especially when the cost is too high. There are many auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to compare company pricing.
It’s a great practice to price shop coverage occasionally because car insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best rates last year you may be paying too much now. You can find a lot of information about car insurance online but in a few minutes you can learn some great ideas on how to reduce your car insurance bill.
Buying car insurance in New Ulm is quite easy. Essentially every driver who is shopping for car insurance will be able to save money. Although Minnesota car owners must know how companies sell insurance online and use this information to your advantage.
Most companies such as State Farm, Allstate and Geico allow consumers to get price estimates direct online. Comparing rates online doesn’t take a lot of time as you simply enter your required coverages as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, the system sends out for reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote based on many factors. This makes it simple to compare prices but the work required to visit several different sites and fill out multiple forms is not the best way to spend an afternoon. Unfortunately, it is important to have as many quotes as possible in order to find a lower rate.
The better way to compare rates
The easiest way to compare rates requires only one form that gets prices from more than one company. It’s a real time-saver, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes rate comparisons much simpler. As soon as you send your information, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick your choice of the resulting price quotes. If the quotes result in lower rates, you can click and sign and purchase the new policy. The entire process takes 15 minutes at the most and may result in a nice savings.
To save time and compare rates using this form now, click here to open in a new tab and input your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive rate quotes using the same coverage and limits.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- New Ulm Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down could earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Good Student – This discount can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to study driving patterns through the use of a telematics system like Allstate’s Drivewise could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
For a list of companies who offer online car insurance quotes in New Ulm, follow this link.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Minnesota?
- What is the minimum liability in Minnesota?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Even more information can be found at the Minnesota Department of Commerce website. Consumers can discover disciplinary actions, get help finding coverage, file complaints about a company, and view a list of available companies.
Better coverage you can count on
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper car insurance is possible from both online companies in addition to many New Ulm insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies don’t offer online price quotes and usually these regional carriers work with independent insurance agencies.