Shopping for cheap Albertville auto insurance online can be impossible for people who are new to buying insurance online. With such a large number of insurance companies available, how can Albertville drivers have a chance to compare the different rates to find the best price?
It is always a good idea to check auto insurance prices on a regular basis because rates change regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest price two years ago a different company probably has better rates today. There is a lot of wrong information about auto insurance online, so with this article, you’re going to get some guaranteed methods to slash your auto insurance rates.
If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. Locating affordable coverage in Albertville can be fairly easy. Nevertheless, Alabama drivers do need to know the way insurance companies market on the web.
How to Get Auto Insurance in Albertville, AL
All the larger auto insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get insurance quotes online. Getting online quotes is fairly simple as you simply enter the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. Once you submit the form, their system automatically retrieves information on your driving record and credit history and returns pricing information.
This makes comparing rates easy, but the work required to visit a lot of sites and fill out multiple forms can get tiresome after awhile. Unfortunately, it is important to perform this step in order to get lower prices.
The easy way to compare rates
A quicker way to get multiple rate quotes utilizes a single form that analyzes rates from more than one company. The form is fast, requires much less work on your part, and makes online shopping much more enjoyable. Immediately after you send the form, your coverage is rated and you can choose any or none of the resulting price quotes.
If the quotes result in lower rates, it’s easy to complete the application and buy the policy. It takes just a few minutes to complete and can result in significant savings.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, click here and enter your information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison for exact coverage.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- E-sign – Certain companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application digitally online.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount with select insurance companies.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in school.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will help reduce your premiums.
To choose insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Alabama, follow this link.
Components of your insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be colliding with a building, damage from fire, or theft. The more money you have to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Save money with special equipment – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart auto theft.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Car insurance companies in Alabama award discounts to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Only having one moving violation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. If you have dangerous violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
What about using a local agent?
A small number of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the best rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is especially important in Albertville.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information gets sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your business. There is no need to drive around since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. It doesn’t get any easier! It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with.
Types of insurance agents in Albertville
When finding local Albertville agents, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Albertville agents are either captive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not employed by any specific company but instead can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you should always include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Albertville who may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- Liberty Agency – 419 N Broad St # H – Albertville, AL 35950 – (256) 894-4728
- Dan Higdon Agency – 6515 Us Highway 431 – Albertville, AL 35950 – (256) 878-8787
- Harris-Fowler Insurance Inc – 104 W Main St – Albertville, AL 35950 – (256) 878-9172
- Martin Agency – 907 Highland Ave – Albertville, AL 35951 – (256) 891-1389
- HSC Insurance – 916 Baltimore Ave – Albertville, AL 35950 – (256) 878-6784
Captive Insurance Agents
This type of agents can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA and Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. These agents are well schooled in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from captives mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are captive agents in Albertville that can give you price quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 8457 Us Highway 431 – Albertville, AL 35950 – (256) 878-3415
To view a full list of Albertville captive agents, visit this site.
Picking an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction to these questions as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that meets your needs to provide auto insurance coverage.
More information is located on the Alabama Department of Insurance website found here. Visitors are able to discover disciplinary actions, read state legal mandates and laws, and learn about insurance regulations.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Lower-priced auto insurance can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in Albertville, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We covered many ideas to save on auto insurance. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company.