Expensive car insurance can dwindle your bank account, especially in this economy. Shopping your coverage around is a smart way to help make ends meet. With so many companies to choose from, it’s difficult to locate the lowest cost car insurance company.
You should make it a habit to price shop coverage at least once a year because insurance rates change regularly. Just because you had the lowest rates a year ago you can probably find a better price now. So just block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we’re going to show you the right way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Cut your car insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both the well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Resident Student – Kids in college who live away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
To choose insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Vermont, click here.
How to Lower Your Car Insurance Cost in Bennington, Vermont
There are a lot of ways to compare car insurance quotes, but some are easier and takes less work. You could waste a few hours talking to insurance companies in Bennington, or you could use the internet to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Many insurance companies participate in a marketplace where insurance shoppers only type in their quote data once, and each company can give them a price determined by their information. This system prevents you from having to do quote forms to each individual car insurance company. To submit your quote information now, click here to start a free quote.
The one disadvantage to doing it this way is you can’t choose which companies to receive prices from. So if you want to choose specific insurance companies to receive pricing from, we put together a list of low cost car insurance companies in Vermont. View list of Vermont insurance companies.
It’s up to you which method you use, but compare apples-to-apples deductibles and coverage limits with each company. If your comparisons have different deductibles it will be impossible to make a fair comparison in Bennington.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Vermont?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Bennington?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Is my vehicle covered for smoke damage?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
More effort can pay off
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
We just presented many ideas to save on car insurance. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.