Finding the lowest price Cudahy auto insurance may at first seem to be problematic for vehicle owners new to comparison shopping over the internet. With such a large number of agents and insurers available, how are we expected to possibly compare all the different companies and get the lowest price?
If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you will benefit by learning to find the best rates while maintaining coverages. Shopping for more affordable protection in Cudahy is quite easy. Wisconsin consumers only need an understanding of the proper way to shop their coverage around online.
The fastest way that we advise to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to realize most larger insurance companies provide online access to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information such as if a SR-22 is needed, if your license is active, an estimate of your credit level, and how you use your vehicles. Those rating factors gets sent immediately to insurance carriers in your area and you get price estimates very quickly.
To start a quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
Wisconsin consumers constantly see and hear ads for the lowest price auto insurance by companies like State Farm and Allstate. They all seem to make the same claim about saving some big amount after switching your coverage.
How can each company charge less that you’re paying now? It’s all in the words they use.
All the different companies have strict underwriting profiles for a prospective insured that makes them money. For instance, this type of risk profile may need to be married and over the age of 30, has a clean driving record, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” will get a cheap rate quote and will save if they switch.
Potential insureds who do not meet the requirements will be charged a higher rate which leads to the customer buying from a different company. The trick companies use is to say “customers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” will save that much if they switch. This is how companies can truthfully make those claims. Each company has different criteria, so drivers must do a rate comparison at every renewal. Because without a comparison, you cannot know the company that will have the best rates for your profile.
Smart consumers can cut their rates
Multiple criteria are used when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more miles you rack up on your car in a year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet correctly shows the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Better rates for no policy lapses – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a guaranteed way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Wisconsin motor vehicle department.
- Vocation can influence rates – Occupations like doctorspolice officers and accountants have the highest rates because of high stress levels and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, careers like actors, engineers and retirees pay lower than average rates.
- Physical damage deductibles – Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be a broken windshield, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend if a covered claim is submitted. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- Consolidating policies can get discounts – Many companies afford a discount to insureds that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Teenage drivers pay more – Young drivers in Wisconsin are known to be careless and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
- Do you really need to file that insurance claims? – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies in Wisconsin provide cheaper rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Discounts for married couples – Getting married helps lower the price on your policy. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Double check you’re getting with these discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but some must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best auto insurance rates when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies allow you one accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application on the internet.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Theft Deterent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow driving data collection to track their driving habits by using a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their than drivers with accident claims.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide include:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver’s education.
- American Family offers discounts for good driver, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA includes discounts for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and good student.
- GEICO may include discounts for military active duty, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, good student, anti-lock brakes, and membership and employees.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for type of vehicle, professional/association, good student, anti-theft, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for pay in full, business and professional, youthful driver, distant student, early shopping, and mature driver.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, online signing, and continuous coverage.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in Cudahy.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions might point out if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Is my vehicle covered for smoke damage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Independent versus captive auto insurance agents
A lot of people just want to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! Professional agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your business. There is no reason to search for an agent as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, just visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How long has their agency been open in Cudahy?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Wisconsin?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
Insurance agent types
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a good Cudahy insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents that you can select. Auto insurance policy providers are classified as either captive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either can sell auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand how they are different because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Captive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Captives are trained well on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people purchase coverage from captives partially due to the brand rather than low price.
Listed below are captive insurance agents in Cudahy who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 5222 S Packard Ave – Cudahy, WI 53110 – (414) 481-9250
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you need to include rate quotes from independent agents for the best price selection. A lot of them also have access to companies you’ve never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are independent agents in Cudahy who can help you get rate quotes.
- Doug Scherrer Agency – 3620 E Layton Ave # 20 – Cudahy, WI 53110 – (414) 769-1283
- Scherrer Insurance – 3620 E Layton Ave – Cudahy, WI 53110 – (414) 483-0400
- Bedusek Insurance – 4726 S Packard Ave – Cudahy, WI 53110 – (414) 483-4140
To view additional Cudahy insurance agents, see this directory of Cudahy Wisconsin insurance agents.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices and policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Cost effective auto insurance can be purchased both online in addition to many Cudahy insurance agents, so you need to with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and these smaller providers work with independent insurance agencies.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on auto insurance. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Wisconsin auto insurance information
Even more information can be read at the Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance website. Visitors are able to file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, view a list of available companies, and find out industry alerts.