Paying for high-priced auto insurance can drain your savings account and make it hard to pay other bills. Comparing price quotes is a great way to cut your insurance bill. You have multiple insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s a good thing to have multiple companies, it makes it harder to compare rates.
Comprehensive Dewey Beach Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
Finding lower auto insurance rates is surprisingly easy. You just have to take a couple of minutes to compare quotes online from several insurance companies. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- The recommended way to find low rates is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This easy form eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for each company. Filling out one form gets rate comparisons from all major companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to compare rate quotes consists of visiting each individual company website to request a price quote. For example, let’s assume you want to compare rates from Nationwide, GEICO and Liberty Mutual. To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Dewey Beach, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but ensure you are comparing exactly the same quote information for every company. If you compare mixed coverages it’s not possible to decipher which rate is best in Dewey Beach.
Cut your premium with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, buy you may qualify for discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but a few must be manually applied before you get the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may be able to get reduced rates.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Dewey Beach can save you money because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers can save substantially when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will bring down your premiums.
To see a list of providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Delaware, follow this link.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you will benefit from professional help.
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Delaware?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my vehicle is totaled?
- When should I drop full coverage on my vehicle?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Additional information can be read on the website for the Delaware Department of Insurance through this link. Delaware consumers can view agent and company licensing information, read consumer alerts, report car insurance fraud, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Budget-conscious auto insurance can be bought online and also from your neighborhood Dewey Beach agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.