Buying low-cost Eden Prairie auto insurance on the web can be challenging for consumers not familiar with comparison shopping online. With so many online companies available, how can anyone possibly compare every one to find the lowest price?
If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you can learn to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. This information will teach you the best way to quote coverages and some tips to save money. Minnesota drivers just need to learn the most effective way to compare company rates over the internet.
Compare the Market for Auto Insurance in Eden Prairie, MN
Finding a lower price on insurance can be relatively painless. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes comparing rates from different insurance companies. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
- One of the best ways to compare a lot of rates at once is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This method saves time by eliminating separate quotation requests for every auto insurance company. Completing one form will get you price quotes .It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- Another way to shop for auto insurance online requires a visit to the website of each company to request a price quote. For instance, we’ll pretend you want rates from Geico, Liberty Mutual and American Family. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in Eden Prairie, click here.
- The least efficient method of getting rate comparisons is driving around to local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the personal advice only provided by licensed agents. However, consumers can get prices online but buy from a local insurance agent.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but be sure to compare identical deductibles and coverage limits on every quote you get. If your comparisons have different limits and deductibles on each one you can’t possibly truly determine the lowest rate in Eden Prairie.
Buying auto insurance from a local agent
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Licensed agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain better rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local insurance agencies is important especially in Eden Prairie.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will battle for your coverage. You don’t have to drive around because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. How cool is that?!
What type of Eden Prairie auto insurance agent is right for you?
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different types of agents from which to choose. Eden Prairie agents can either be independent or captive. Both types can insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the difference between them since it may influence your agent selection.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company but rather can write business with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rates, you should always get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Eden Prairie who can help you get pricing information.
- Thomas Swirtz Insurance Inc – 250 Prairie Center Dr # 280 – Eden Prairie, MN 55344 – (952) 944-5202
- Hendrickson Agency Inc – 6400 Flying Cloud Dr # 160 – Eden Prairie, MN 55344 – (952) 903-2300
- Kehrwald Agency – 7525 Mitchell Rd # 215 – Eden Prairie, MN 55344 – (952) 949-3566
- Marv Voltin Agency – 10125 Crosstown Cir # 245 – Eden Prairie, MN 55344 – (952) 829-8290
- Geoffery Mc Cray Insurance – 11800 Singletree Ln – Eden Prairie, MN 55344 – (952) 944-5953
This type of agents can only write with one company and some examples include American Family, Liberty Mutual and AAA. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Captive agencies are well schooled on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes choose to use a captive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are captive agents in Eden Prairie that can give you price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance Group – 7700 Equitable Dr # 202 – Eden Prairie, MN 55344 – (952) 934-2472
- Allstate Insurance – 8977 Aztec Dr – Eden Prairie, MN 55347 – (952) 942-8209
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 11800 Singletree Ln # 201 – Eden Prairie, MN 55344 – (952) 828-9790
- State Farm Insurance – 11800 Singletree Ln # 130 – Eden Prairie, MN 55344 – (952) 943-2200
- American Family Insurance – 8449 Joiner Way # B – Eden Prairie, MN 55344 – (952) 944-0100
For a complete listing of captive agents in Eden Prairie, visit this site.
Choosing a car insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How are they compensated?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
Upon receiving satisfactory answers to your questions and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that will properly service your auto insurance policy.
Much more information about auto insurance in Minnesota is located on the Minnesota Department of Commerce website found here. Visitors are able to learn about insurance regulations, view a list of available companies, report car insurance fraud, and view agent and company licensing information.