Shopping for budget-priced Golden Valley auto insurance on the internet may at first seem to be difficult for consumers who are beginners to quoting and comparing rates and buying auto insurance on the web. With so many agents and companies, how can consumers efficiently compare the different rates to find the cheapest price possible?
The quickest method to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to take advantage of the fact almost all companies participate in online systems to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data like if you’re married, if a SR-22 is needed, the ages of drivers, and your general credit rating. That rating information is instantly provided to multiple companies and they return rate quotes with very little delay.
To check rates for your car now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance.
Auto insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but some need to be manually applied before they will apply.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may be able to get reduced rates.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to buckle up could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few auto insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. You could save around 10% when you .
- College Student – Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from home and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as Geico, Allstate and Liberty Mutual allow you one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the web.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers sucessfully take a drivers education course in school.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A partial list of companies that may include these discounts include:
Double check with each insurance company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not be available in every state. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Golden Valley, click this link.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-80.jpg" alt="Golden Valley Minnesota car insurance prices”/>
Auto insurance is available from local agents
Certain consumers would prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended The best thing about getting online price quotes is you can get cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Any good agent should know the answers to these questions.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Where are claims handled?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
If you are searching for a reputable agency, there are two different types of agencies from which to choose. Auto insurance agents can be classified as either independent or captive depending on the company they work for.
Captive Auto Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Captive agencies are well trained on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a short list of captive insurance agencies in Golden Valley willing to provide price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 5730 Duluth St – Golden Valley, MN 55422 – (952) 525-9760
- American Family Insurance – 2510 Hillsboro Ave N – Golden Valley, MN 55427 – (763) 537-4001
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing auto insurance prices, you should always get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. They often place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which may have better rates.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Golden Valley that can give you price quotes.
- Leighton-Lemanski Agency – 5601 Glenwood Ave – Golden Valley, MN 55422 – (763) 546-8890
- Wellner Insurance Inc – 710 Mendelssohn Ave N – Golden Valley, MN 55427 – (763) 543-2496
- R J Hanten Agency – 5730 Duluth St – Golden Valley, MN 55422 – (763) 513-5940
- Handberg Agency Inc – 620 Mendelssohn Ave N # 124 – Golden Valley, MN 55427 – (763) 544-3335
- A Anthony N Beugen Insurance – 7870 Highway 55 – Golden Valley, MN 55427 – (952) 746-6666
For more Golden Valley insurance agents, view this directory of auto insurance agents in Golden Valley.
More detailed Minnesota auto insurance information can be read at the Minnesota Department of Commerce website. Minnesota consumers can find a variety of consumer forms, learn about specific coverages, and get help finding coverage.
Other informative sites include Auto Insurance 101 and this page for help finding agents in Golden Valley, MN.
One last thing
You just read many tips how you can compare auto insurance premium rates online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding . Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Cheaper auto insurance can be found both online and with local Golden Valley insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and these smaller providers sell through independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.