Paying for high-priced auto insurance can empty your personal savings and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Doing a price comparison is a smart way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Insurance companies such as Allstate, Progressive and Geico continually bombard you with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to avoid their marketing magic and find the best price available.
Which Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Goodyear, AZ?
Performing a rate comparison can be challenging if you don’t utilize the fastest way to get free quotes. You can waste a lot of time talking about coverages with insurance companies in Goodyear, or you could use online quoting to maximize your effort.
Most major companies participate in a marketplace that enables customers to enter their coverage request one time, and at least one company then gives them pricing for coverage. This prevents consumers from doing quotation requests for every auto insurance company.
To access this free quoting program, click here to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to using this type of form is you don’t know exactly which insurance companies to receive prices from. If you wish to select specific insurance companies to compare prices, we have a listing of low cost auto insurance companies in Arizona. Click here for list of insurance companies in Arizona.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-52.jpg" alt="Arizona car insurance prices”/>
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just double check that you are using exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits for each price quote. If you use unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be very difficult to determine the best price in Goodyear. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits may cause a big price difference. And when quoting auto insurance, remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting the best rates.
Cut your premium with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers may receive better auto insurance rates.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount depending on your company.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations may earn a discount when buying auto insurance.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will bring down your premiums.
For a list of companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Arizona, click here to view.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When buying proper insurance coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Arizona?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
More information can be read on the website for the Arizona Department of Insurance located here. Visitors are able to find disaster information, view a list of available companies, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.
Smart shoppers get results
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price.
Cost effective auto insurance can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood Goodyear agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to lower your auto insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like State Farm, Geico and Nationwide.