Finding affordable Kodiak car insurance on the web can be somewhat difficult for consumers not familiar with comparison shopping online. Because there are so many online companies, how can Kodiak drivers even start to compare the different rates to find the lowest price available?
The purpose of this post is to help you learn how to get online quotes and some tips to save money. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to save some money using these methods. Although Alaska vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how companies sell insurance online and use this information to your advantage.
How to Compare Car Insurance in Kodiak, AK
There are multiple methods you can shop for car insurance and some are easier and takes less work. You can waste hours driving to agents in Kodiak, or you could save time and use the web to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
All the larger companies participate in a marketplace that enables customers to submit their information once, and every company can give them a price based on that data. This prevents consumers from doing quote forms for every car insurance company.
To compare pricing click here to open in new window.
The only drawback to getting quotes like this is buyers cannot specifically choose the providers to get quotes from. So if you want to select specific insurance companies to receive pricing from, we have a listing of car insurance companies in Alaska. Click here for list of insurance companies in Alaska.
Which method you use is up to you, but be sure to compare exactly the same coverage limits and deductibles for each comparison quote. If the quotes have different values for each quote it will be very difficult to make an equal comparison in Kodiak. Slightly different limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when quoting car insurance, remember that comparing more company’s prices helps you find better pricing.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Resident Student – Kids in college living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will reduce your premiums.
For a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts in Kodiak, click here to view.
What about my local Kodiak agents?
Certain consumers just want to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you can get the best rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from small agencies is important especially in Kodiak.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Kodiak who will battle for your coverage. You don’t have to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to your email. How cool is that?! You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby.
Below are agents in Kodiak willing to provide rate quotes.
- Sweeney Insurance Inc – 508 W Marine Way, Kodiak, AK 99615 – (907) 486-3101
- Edward F Randolph Insurance – 1515 Mill Bay Rd, Kodiak, AK 99615 – (907) 486-6179
To view a complete directory of insurance agents in Kodiak, click here to link.
Picking an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Alaska?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
Upon getting reasonable responses for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, you may have just found a company that can insure your vehicles.
When might I need an agent?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Much more information about car insurance in Alaska can be found on the Alaska Division of Insurance website located here. Alaska consumers can learn about specific coverages, report car insurance fraud, and find out industry alerts.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests and questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is easier than you think.
Discount car insurance is possible from both online companies and with local Kodiak insurance agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to save on car insurance. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier.