Buying the most affordable Palmdale auto insurance over the internet can be intimidating for consumers not familiar with buying insurance on the web. With dozens of online companies, how can Palmdale drivers have a chance to compare every one to find the lowest price?
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. The purpose of this article is to teach you the best way to quote coverages. Although California consumers need to learn the way insurance companies market on the web and apply this information to your search.
Why some people pay less for insurance in Palmdale
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what determines base rates enables informed choices that can help you get big savings.
The following are some of the items auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- How credit affects auto insurance rates – Having a bad credit history is a large factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. If your credit is not that good, you could save money insuring your by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower credit scores.
- Please use or commuting – The higher the mileage driven each year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection if a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Do you know your deductibles? – The deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend before your auto insurance pays a claim. Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most auto insurance companies give discounts to insureds who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
Automobile Insurance Quotes in Palmdale
There are a variety of methods to compare auto insurance prices and some are more efficient than others. You can waste a lot of time talking to insurance agencies in Palmdale, or you can stay home and use the web to maximize your effort.
Many popular insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace that enables customers to only type in their quote data once, and at least one company can give them a price determined by their information. This eliminates the need for quote forms for each company you want a rate for.
To submit your quote information now, click here to open in new window.
The only drawback to comparing rates this way is you cannot specify which companies you want to price. So if you prefer to pick individual companies for rate comparison, we have a listing of low cost auto insurance companies in California. Click here for list of insurance companies in California.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make darn sure you compare the exact same coverage limits on every quote. If you are comparing different liability limits you can’t possibly make an equal comparison in Palmdale. Having just a slight variation in limits may cause a big price difference. And when quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing a large number of companies will improve the odds of getting a better price.
Ads can be misleading
Companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. All the ads have a common claim of big savings if you switch to them. How do they all say the same thing?
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that is profitable for them. A good example of a preferred risk might be profiled as between 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has a high credit rating. Any driver who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and therefore will save a lot of money.
Consumers who do not match these standards will be charged higher premiums which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much. That is how insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings. That is why you should get quotes from several different companies. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest rates.
These discounts can slash auto insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize all available discounts very clearly, so we break down some of the more common and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts when compared with bad drivers.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of providers with the best auto insurance discounts in Palmdale, click here to view.
Online quotes with a local Palmdale insurance agent
A small number of people prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you can get lower rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will battle for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your house since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. How cool is that?! It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby.
Choosing an provider requires more thought than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
To contact a specific insurance agent in Palmdale, simply jump to this page.
Upon receiving positive responses to all your questions and a good coverage price, most likely you have located an insurer that is a good match to insure your vehicles.
Even more information is available at the California Department of Insurance website. Consumers can get help finding coverage, view a list of available companies, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and find a variety of consumer forms.
The following articles may also be useful.
Affordable insurance is out there
Budget-conscious auto insurance is definitely available online and with local Palmdale insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, high prices, policy non-renewal and delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies can be easier than you think.
When shopping online for auto insurance, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an insured cut physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.