Feel like you have overpriced car insurance? You’re preaching to the choir because there are many Coweta consumers feeling the pinch from expensive car insurance. With so many insurance companies to choose from, it can be diffult for people to pick the lowest cost insurance company.
It’s a great practice to compare rates every six months because prices change regularly. Even if you got the lowest price on your last policy you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I’m going to teach you the easiest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Buying car insurance in Coweta is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are insured now or need new coverage, you can use these tips to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Oklahoma vehicle owners just need to know the proper way to buy car insurance over the internet.
Oklahoma car insurance discounts
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might be missing out on some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked about prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on car insurance.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a defensive driving class is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Sign Early and Save – A few larger companies allow discounts for signing up early. This can save 10% or more.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn slightly better rates than normal.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Large car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, and homeowner.
- The Hartford offers discounts including air bag, defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including ease of repair, good student, professional/association, type of vehicle, location of vehicle, and multi-car.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, military active duty, and membership and employees.
- AAA has savings for education and occupation, good student, multi-car, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, pay-in-full, and good driver.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, driver’s education, good driver, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and accident-free.
When comparing rates, check with each company which discounts they offer. Some credits may not be offered in Coweta. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer free car insurance quotes in Coweta, click this link.
Most major insurance companies allow you to get prices for coverage on the web. Doing online price comparisons is quite easy as you just enter your required coverages into the quote form. Once entered, their quoting system makes automated requests for information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote determined by many factors. Online quotes makes comparing rates easy, but the time it takes to visit many different websites and enter the same data into a form can be a bit repetitive. Unfortunately, it is important to perform this step if you want to find the best price possible.
There is a better way!
The easiest way to find lower prices makes use of a single form to get prices from a bunch of companies at once. This type of form saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes comparison shopping a lot less work. After sending your information, it is rated and you can select any or none of the returned quotes. If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and buy the policy. This process can be completed in a matter of minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
To save time and compare rates now, click here to open in a new tab and begin entering your coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will be getting a price comparison for exact coverage.
Find cheap car insurance with these tips
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When you understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower premium levels.
The factors shown below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate premiums.
- lapses raise prices – Driving without insurance coverage in place is a misdemeanor and companies may charge more for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage could result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Good drivers pay less – Your driving citation history has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Having a single citation can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Attentive drivers have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Drivers with dangerous violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Frequent policy claims will cost you – Companies in Oklahoma award discounts to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Does auto insurance cost less for women? – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. They both cause fender benders in similar percentages, but men have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
- Marriage pays dividends – Your spouse may cut your premiums when shopping for car insurance. Having a significant other translates into being more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Commute or pleasure use – The more you drive annually the more you will pay for car insurance. Most companies calculate prices based on their usage. Cars left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Make sure your policy reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Younger drivers pay higher costs – Young drivers in Oklahoma are statistically proven to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Older insureds are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims and get fewer tickets.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
We just covered some good ideas how you can reduce car insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
The cheapest car insurance is possible online and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not offer rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
To learn more about car insurance in Oklahoma
More tips and info about car insurance is available at the Oklahoma Insurance Department website. Oklahoma consumers can read industry bulletins, learn about insurance regulations, get help finding coverage, and discover disciplinary actions.