Did a good deal turn into an expensive auto insurance policy? Say no more because there are lots of Enumclaw residents who feel the same. Vehicle owners have multiple insurers to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, it can be more challenging to find the lowest cost provider.
Take advantage of these premium-slashing discounts
Auto insurance is expensive, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down may enable drivers to earn lower auto insurancerates due to less chance of an accident.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a driver safety class is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Geico, Progressive, and Allstate allow you one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a set time period.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts in comparison to bad drivers.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow their company to spy on driving patterns remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Theft Deterent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
Some of the larger companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
If you want , ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts may not be available everywhere. For a list of insurers that offer multiple discounts in Washington, follow this link.
Effectively comparing auto insurance prices can be exhausting if you aren’t aware of the easiest way. You can waste hours talking to insurance agencies in Enumclaw, or you can utilize the web to get the quickest rates.
The majority of car insurance companies participate in an industry program where prospective buyers enter their policy data once, and each participating company then returns a price quote based on that information. This system prevents you from having to do quote forms to each individual auto insurance company. To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click here (opens in new window).
One minor caviat to pricing coverage this way is you can’t choose the companies to get pricing from. So if you prefer to pick individual companies to compare, we have assembled a list of the cheapest auto insurance companies in Washington. Click here for list of insurance companies in Washington.
However you get your quotes, double check that you are using the same coverage information with each company. If you have different coverage information then you won’t be able to make an equal comparison in Enumclaw. Slightly different insurance coverages can result in a big premium difference. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing all the rates in your area will enable you to find better pricing.
Do I need special coverages?
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Is Washington a no-fault state?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Cheaper coverage is out there
You just read some good ideas how to get a better price on auto insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more you , the better likelihood of getting . Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or Geico.
Some auto insurance companies may not offer price quotes online and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agencies. Cheaper auto insurance is available online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection.