Overwhelmed by the dozens of car insurance options in Jeffersonville? Many other drivers are as well. You have so many companies to choose from that it can easily become a real challenge to compare prices.
It’s a good idea to price shop coverage periodically because rates tend to go up over time. Just because you found the lowest rates a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the best way to find great coverage at a great price.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to save some money using these tips. Shopping for the cheapest coverage in Jeffersonville is easy if you know what you’re doing. But Indiana car owners should learn how companies sell insurance online and use this information to your advantage.
Free Jeffersonville Car Insurance Quotes
Most major insurance companies provide prices directly from their websites. Getting quotes is pretty easy as you just type in your coverage information as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, the system obtains your credit score and driving record and gives you a price quote based on many factors.
Online quotes simplifies rate comparisons, but the time required to go to many different websites and complete many quote forms is not the best way to spend an afternoon. But it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find better prices.
Isn’t there an easier way to compare rates?
The smarter way to find cheaper rates uses one form to obtain quotes from several companies at one time. It’s a real time-saver, requires less work, and makes quoting online a little more enjoyable. Immediately after you send the form, it gets priced and you can select any one of the quotes returned. If the quotes result in lower rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. It only takes a few minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, click here to open in new window and fill out the form. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This ensures you will receive rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Car insurance companies do not list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- College Student – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child complete a driver education course in high school.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To choose providers offering car insurance discounts in Indiana, click here.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Do no-fault laws apply in Indiana?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving my company car?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Additional detailed information is available at the Indiana Department of Insurance website. Indiana consumers can get help finding coverage, find out which companies have the most complaints, view agent and company licensing information, and find disaster information.
Online plus local equals savings
When buying insurance coverage, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in paying claims or not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies can be less work than you think.
The cheapest car insurance can be found from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Jeffersonville agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.