Have you fallen victim to an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us, you’re not alone. Drivers have multiple insurers to choose from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
Locating the lowest cost coverage in Novi is simple if you know the tricks. If you are insured now or are shopping for new coverage, you will benefit by learning to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. Michigan consumers just need to learn the most efficient way to shop over the internet.
Discounts can save BIG
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you can get discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before they will apply. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts compared to frequent claim filers.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy online.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will reduce your premiums.
To choose insurers with discount car insurance rates in Novi, click here to view.
Compare Quotes for Novi Car Insurance
Finding a better price on car insurance can be relatively painless. You just need to take a couple of minutes comparing rates from different insurance companies. This can be done in several different ways.
- The first (and easiest) way to find low rates is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This type of form eliminates the need for repetitive form entry to each individual car insurance company. Taking the time to complete one form will return quotes instantly.
- A harder way to get quotes online requires a visit to each company’s website to complete a price quote. For example, we’ll assume you want to compare USAA, Farmers and Progressive. To get each rate you have to visit each site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker. To view a list of companies in Novi, click here.
Whichever way you use, ensure you’re using exactly the same coverage information with every price quote. If you compare different limits and deductibles on each one it’s not possible to determine which rate is truly the best in Novi.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions can help discover if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Do no-fault laws apply in Michigan?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
A little work can save a LOT of money
We’ve covered many ideas to reduce car insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Geico and State Farm.
Discount car insurance is definitely available both online in addition to many Novi insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.