Have you had enough of paying out the nose to buy car insurance? You are no different than most other car owners in Colorado.
Many car insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and uncover the absolute lowest cost out there.
If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Aurora is easy if you know what you’re doing. But Colorado drivers must know how insurance companies compete online.
Discounts can save BIG
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before being credited.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing on their website.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings of 20% or more.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Accident Forgiveness – Certain companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will cut the cost of coverage.
To see a list of providers with the best auto insurance discounts in Aurora, follow this link.
Aurora Auto Insurance Prices Online
There are a lot of ways to compare auto insurance quotes, but some are more efficient than others. You can waste hours talking to agents in Aurora, or you could use the internet to get pricing more quickly.
Many insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace where prospective buyers enter their coverage request one time, and every company returns a competitive quote based on the submitted data. This eliminates the need for quote forms to each individual auto insurance company.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click here (opens in new window).
One minor caviat to using this type of form is that you can’t choose which carriers you will receive quotes from. So if you want to choose specific insurance companies to request quotes from, we have a listing of auto insurance companies in Colorado. Click here to view list.
However you get your quotes, ensure you’re using identical information for each comparison quote. If your comparisons have higher or lower deductibles you can’t possibly determine the best price in Aurora. Slightly different coverages could mean much higher rates. Just keep in mind that more quotes helps you find the best offered rates.
Buy Cheaper Auto Insurance with These Tips
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into your rates.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – Driving more miles in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars left parked in the garage get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Make sure your auto insurance coverage is rated on the proper vehicle usage.
- How’s your driving record? – Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Even one moving violation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who get severe violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates.
Will just any policy work for me?
When buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Quote often and quote early
Cheaper auto insurance can be bought on the web and with local Aurora insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on auto insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may discover the best price on auto insurance is with the smaller companies. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
More information can be read on the website for the Colorado DORA Division of Insurance through this link. Colorado consumers can file complaints about a company, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, learn about insurance regulations, and view agent and company licensing information.