Finding better rates for Bloomington auto insurance can seem to be challenging for consumers not familiar with buying insurance online. Drivers have so many options available that it can easily become more work than you anticipated to compare prices in Bloomington.
Make smart decisions and save
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that go into determining auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that could result in better auto insurance rates.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into premiums.
- Always keep insurance in force – Not having insurance is a misdemeanor and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will rates go up, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Illinois DMV.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart car theft.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Drivers with clean records get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Even a single speeding ticket may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers with dangerous tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Lower rates come with age – Youthful drivers in Illinois are known to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
How to Buy Bloomington Auto Insurance Online
There are several ways to get quotes from local in Bloomingtonauto insurance companies. The best method to find the cheapest insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The best way to find low rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This easy form prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions to each individual auto insurance company. One form submission gets rate comparisons direct from many companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A less efficient way to compare rate quotes requires visiting each company’s website and request a quote. For example, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from Farmers, State Farm and American Family. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in Bloomington, click here.
- The least recommended way of comparing rate quotes is driving to different Bloomington agent offices. The internet has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the trained guidance of a local Bloomington agent. Drivers can find lower rates online but still have the advice of a local agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but be sure to compare apples-to-apples deductibles and coverage limits on every quote you get. If you enter different deductibles it will be next to impossible to determine the lowest rate in Bloomington. Quoting even small variations in coverages may cause a big price difference. Just keep in mind that more quotes will enable you to find a better price.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Companies don’t always publicize every available discount very well, so we took the time to find some of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount depending on your company.
- No Charge for an Accident – A handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may be able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Memberships – Belonging to certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on auto insurance.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-78.jpg" alt="Bloomington IL insurance quotes” />
For a list of insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Bloomington, follow this link.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Bloomington who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. How’s that for easy! It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with.
Choosing an insurer requires more thought than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they have adequate Errors and Ommissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
To select a specific agent in Bloomington, please click here.
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction to your questions as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to an insurer that meets your needs to provide auto insurance coverage.
Additional detailed information can be found at the Illinois Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to read industry bulletins, learn about insurance regulations, and read state legal mandates and laws.
These articles may also be worth reading.
- Never Compare Bloomington Car Insurance Without Knowing These Money Saving Methods
- Top 8 Ways to Get Lower Rates on Auto Insurance in Bloomington Indiana
- Learn How to Buy Bloomington Auto Insurance Like a Professional
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
We covered a lot of tips how to reduce auto insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company.
People leave their current company for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers or even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies can be easier than you think.