Are you tired of scraping the payment together to buy car insurance? You are in the same boat as many other Ohio drivers.
Popular companies such as GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm all claim big savings with ad campaigns and it can be hard to see past the corporate glitz and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s smart to price shop coverage before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the best rates a year ago there may be better deals available now. So block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the only way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive better auto insurance rates.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less than drivers with accidents.
- College Student – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
To see a list of companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Ohio, click here to view.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from local in Findlayauto insurance companies. One of the best ways to compare insurance prices consists of obtaining rate quotes online. This can be done in several different ways.
The easiest and least time consuming way to find low rates is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This form keeps you from doing boring form submissions to each individual auto insurance company. One simple form gets you coverage quotes instantly.
A slightly less efficient method to compare prices is going to the website for each individual company to complete their respective quote request forms. For instance, we’ll pretend you want rates from USAA, Farmers and Travelers. To get rate quotes you would need to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Findlay, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but be sure to compare apples-to-apples quote information for every company. If you use different deductibles you will not be able to make a fair comparison in Findlay. Quoting even small variations in limits may result in a large different in cost. Keep in mind that having more price comparisons helps locate the best rates.
And the best car insurance company is…
As you restructure your insurance plan, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
We just presented some good ideas how to reduce auto insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. They often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.