Are you sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money to pay your car insurance bill each month? You’re in the same situation as most other car owners in Kansas.
Having so many different company options, it’s nearly impossible to pick the lowest cost car insurance company.
It’s a good habit to get comparison quotes occasionally since rates tend to go up over time. If you had the best price two years ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to find out how to use the internet to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car is cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags can get savings of 20% or more.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for signing up before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
For a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates in Hutchinson, click this link.
Compare Quotes for Hutchinson Auto Insurance
Effectively comparing auto insurance prices can be a lot of work if you don’t understand the most efficient way. You can waste a lot of time driving to insurance agencies in Hutchinson, or you can stay home and use online quoting to quickly compare rates.
The majority of car insurance companies participate in an industry program where prospective buyers submit one quote, and at least one company returns a competitive quote based on the submitted data. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions to each company.
To participate in this free quote system, click here (opens in new window).
The only downside to pricing coverage this way is you can’t choose which companies you want pricing from. So if you want to choose from a list of companies to compare prices, we have a page of low cost auto insurance companies in Kansas. View list of Kansas insurance companies.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but compare exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits on every quote. If your comparisons have unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be very difficult to find the best deal in Hutchinson. Just a small difference in limits could mean much higher rates. And when comparison shopping, obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting the best offered rates.
More comparisons equals lower rates
While you’re price shopping online, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped full coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we presented many ways to lower your auto insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with the least-expected company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.