Sick and tired of being strong-armed to buy car insurance? You’re in the same situation as many other drivers in Ohio. Because you have many insurance companies to choose from, it can be hard to pick the most affordable insurance company.
Buying cheaper coverage in Marion is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a policy now or need a new policy, you can learn to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Ohio vehicle owners only need an understanding of the tricks to buy auto insurance online.
Finding Auto Insurance in Marion, Ohio
Finding lower auto insurance rates can be quick and easy. The only requirement is to invest a little time to compare rate quotes online from several insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- The best way to find low rates would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This easy form eliminates the need for multiple quote forms for every auto insurance company. Completing one form will return quotes .
- A less efficient way to compare rate quotes is to manually visit the website for each individual company to complete a price quote. For example, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from GEICO, Farmers and GMAC. To find out each rate you need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker. To view a list of companies in Marion, click here.
- The hardest method to get comparison rates is to spend your day driving to different Marion agent offices. Buying insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the professional guidance of a licensed agent. You can, however, obtain prices from the web and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll cover that in a bit.
Which method you use is up to you, but double check that you are using the exact same information on every quote you get. If you enter mixed coverages it will be next to impossible to truly determine the lowest rate in Marion.
How much car insurance do I need?
When buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is Ohio a no-fault state?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Don’t I need to talk to an agent?
Some consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent. Good agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local insurance agencies is important especially in Marion.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Marion who will battle to get your business. There is no reason to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. It doesn’t get any easier!
What types of auto insurance agents are in Marion?
When looking for a good Marion insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents to choose from. Agencies in Marion can either be captive or independent. While both can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning how they are different since it may influence your agent selection.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, you should always contact at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below are Marion independent insurance agents willing to provide price quotes.
Robert L Stump Agency Standard – 138 Oak St – Marion, OH 43302 – (740) 382-3147
Matthew Herr Insurance – 1796 Marion Waldo Rd – Marion, OH 43302 – (740) 389-1600
Robert A Herr Agency – 419 E Church St – Marion, OH 43302 – (740) 383-3333
Nationwide Insurance – 1685 Marion Mount Gilead Rd – Marion, OH 43302 – (740) 386-2991
Patrick D O’Keeffe Agency – 1643 Marion Waldo Rd – Marion, OH 43302 – (740) 389-6383
Captive insurance agents are contracted to one company such as American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Captive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below is a short list of captive insurance agencies in Marion that are able to give price quotes.
State Farm Insurance – 300 N Main St – Marion, OH 43302 – (740) 383-2817
Allstate Insurance Co – 701 N Main St – Marion, OH 43302 – (740) 387-8581
Farmers Insurance Group – 419 E Church St – Marion, OH 43302 – (740) 382-5555
American Family Insurance – 2365 Marion Mount Gilead Rd – Marion, OH 43302 – (740) 389-9696
For a complete listing of captive agents in Marion, go to this page.
Picking an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How are they compensated?
Once you have received satisfactory answers for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that will adequately provide auto insurance.
Much more information about auto insurance in Ohio can be found on the website for the Ohio Department of Insurance through this link. Ohio drivers can view a list of available companies, learn about insurance regulations, and read industry bulletins.
The following articles may also be useful.