Price shopping your Rugby auto insurance is nearly impossible for people who are new to buying insurance online. Drivers have so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a real challenge to compare prices in Rugby.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to save some money using this strategy. Shopping for cheaper coverage in Rugby is quite easy. Nevertheless, North Dakota car owners can benefit by having an understanding of the methods companies use to market on the web and use this information to your advantage.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but a few need to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could trigger savings when buying auto insurance.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Resident Student – Children living away from home attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- E-sign – A few companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your premiums.
To see a list of providers offering auto insurance discounts in Rugby, click here to view.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to choosing coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in North Dakota?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Compare online but buy from a local Rugby agent
Some people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agencies is important particularly in Rugby.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will compete for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to drive around since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. It doesn’t get any easier! You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-72.jpg" alt="lower rates in Rugby ND” />
Rugby insurance agents are either independent or captive
When searching for a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Rugby can either be independent (non-captive) or captive.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
The following are Rugby independent insurance agencies that are able to give pricing information.
- Nodak Mutual Insurance – 126 2nd Ave SW – Rugby, ND 58368 – (701) 776-6950
- Center Mutual Insurance Co – P.O. BOX 365 – Rugby, ND 58368 – (701) 776-5279
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are well schooled on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a list of captive insurance agencies in Rugby who can help you get rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance – 127 S Main Ave – Rugby, ND 58368 – (701) 776-5831
For a full directory of captive agents in Rugby, click here to link.
Picking an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- What insurance companies do they work with?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
After receiving positive feedback to any questions you have and a low price estimate, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that meets your needs to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Buyer beware of auto insurance advertising tricks
Auto insurance providers like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. They all have a common claim that you can save if you switch your policy. How can each company make almost identical claims?
All companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that makes them money. For instance, a desirable insured might be profiled as over the age of 40, has no tickets, and has great credit. A propective insured who fits that profile receives the best rates and therefore will save when switching.
Potential insureds who don’t meet the requirements will be charged a more expensive rate and this can result in business not being written. The ads state “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. That’s why companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings.
That is why it is so important to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s impossible to know which company will give you the biggest savings.
More information can be read on the North Dakota Insurance Department website through this link. North Dakota consumers can learn about specific coverages, view a list of available companies, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.
In the end, you save
When you buy insurance online, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice full coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price.
We just covered some good ideas how you can compare auto insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even find the best prices are with the smaller companies.
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service and even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching auto insurance companies can be pretty painless.