Are you at wits end from trying to scrape together enough money to pay auto insurance each month? You are no different than many other drivers in Pennsylvania. Insurance companies such as Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm continually hit you with catchy ads and it is difficult to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and take the time to shop coverage around.
Consumers need to do rate comparisons before your next renewal because auto insurance prices change quite often. Just because you found the best deal at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. You’ll find a ton of advice on auto insurance on the internet, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some tested techniques to put money back in your pocket.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to cut costs considerably using these methods. Buying car insurance in Titusville is not rocket science. Although Pennsylvania consumers need to have an understanding of how insurance companies price online insurance and apply this information to your search.
Do you qualify for discount auto insurance?
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that can help lower your rates. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some larger companies provide a discount for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current policy. You may see this discount when you get .
- Organization Discounts – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you with select insurance companies.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
To view insurers that offer discounts in Titusville, follow this link.
The are a couple different ways of comparing rate quotes from many auto insurance companies in Pennsylvania. The quickest method to find affordable insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be done in a couple minutes as outlined below.
- One of the simplest ways to get quotes for comparison is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This easy form keeps you from doing separate quotes for every prospective company. Just one form gets insurance cost estimates from several companies.
- A more difficult way to obtain and compare quotes online consists of going to each individual company website and fill out a new quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you need rates from State Farm, Farmers and Travelers. You would need to take the time to go to each site and repeatedly enter your information, which can get old fast.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in Titusville, click here.
How you compare quotes is your choice, just do your best to use exactly the same coverages and limits on every quote. If each company quotes mixed coverages it’s not possible to make a fair rate comparison in Titusville. Having just a slight variation in insurance coverages or limits could throw off the whole comparison. It’s important to know that comparing a large number of companies helps increase your odds of locating the best rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide price estimates online, so it’s important to also get rates from the smaller companies as well.
Good choices result in lower prices
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the factors that help calculate auto insurance rates. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other criteria are more transparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
- Your gender affects costs – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both genders cause fender benders in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
- Incidental coverages you don’t use – Policies have extra add-on coverages that can add up if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and term life insurance may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem good when buying your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
- Employer stress can make you pay more – Occupations such as doctors, business owners and emergency personnel usually pay higher average rates because of stressful work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, careers such as farmers, historians and performers pay the least.
- Teenagers vs. experienced drivers – Young drivers in Pennsylvania have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends so auto insurance rates are higher. More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions may help highlight if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
- Who is covered when they drive my vehicle?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Big brands don’t always mean big savings
Auto insurance companies such as Geico, State Farm and Progressive consistently run ads in print and on television. They all seem to tend to make the same promise that you can save if you change your coverage. How do they all offer you a better deal? It’s all in the words they use.
Companies give the best rates for the driver that will generate a profit. An example of this type of driver might be between the ages of 40 and 55, has had continuous coverage, and has great credit. Anyone who fits that profile may get the lowest car insurance rates in Titusville and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Consumers who are not a match for this ideal profile will get a higher rate and this results in the customer buying from someone else. The ads say “people that switch” not “all people who quote” save that much when switching. That is how insurance companies can make those claims. Because each company has a different risk profile, you really need to compare many company’s premium rates. Because you never know which company will have the best car insurance rates at this point in time.
Compare but don’t skimp
When getting , it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can reduce auto insurance car insurance rates online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. They often have lower premium rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, Geico and Nationwide.
Informative consumer insurance sites
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found at the Pennsylvania Insurance Department website. Pennsylvania drivers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, find out which companies have the most complaints, learn about insurance regulations, and find disaster information.