Feel like you’re a prisoner to an expensive auto insurance policy? Trust us, there are lots of Augusta residents who feel the same. Online insurance companies like Allstate, Progressive and Geico increase brand awareness with TV and radio ads and it is challenging if not impossible to sift through the bull and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because insurance rates trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the best deal a few years ago you can probably find a better price now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the quickest way to find great coverage at a great price.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates is to understand most larger insurance companies provide online access to compare their rates. The one thing you need to do is provide details including an estimate of your credit level, the year, make and model of vehicles, whether you drive to work or school, and how much you drive. Your insurance information is submitted instantly to insurance carriers in your area and you get price estimates quickly.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and see if a lower rate is available.
But they said I’d save $439 a year!
Big name companies like Geico, State Farm and Progressive seem to constantly run television and radio advertisements. They all seem to advertise the message about how much you will save just by switching to their company. How do they all save you money? It’s all in the words they use.
Many companies give the best rates for the driver that will generate a profit. A good example of a profitable insured may be a female over age 40, carries full coverage, and has a short commute. Any person who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates in Augusta and most likely will cut their rates if they switch.
Drivers who fall short of these criteria will have to pay a higher premium which leads to the customer not purchasing. The trick companies use is to say “customers who switch” not “all people who quote” save that much when switching. That’s the way companies can truthfully advertise the savings.
This really emphasizes why it is so important to get price quotes at each policy renewal. It’s impossible to know the company that will be your best fit.
These discounts can slash auto insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list every disount available in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you with a few auto insurance companies.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few auto insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their than drivers with accidents.
- No Charge for an Accident – but some insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free auto insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- AAA has discounts for anti-theft, good student, pay-in-full, good driver, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, multiple autos, passive restraint, accident-free, defensive driving training, and multiple policy.
- Esurance may offer discounts for defensive driver, Switch & Save, online shopper, paid-in-full, safety device, and DriveSense.
- Nationwide has savings for anti-theft, good student, multi-policy, family plan, and defensive driving.
If you are trying to find , ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Savings may not apply to policies in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer some of these discounts in Kansas, click this link.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Kansas?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- When should I drop full coverage on my vehicle?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
More information is located on the Kansas Insurance Department website through this link. Visitors are able to read state legal mandates and laws, read industry bulletins, and view a list of available companies.
The articles below may also help you learn more about auto insurance in Augusta
- Professional Advice on Saving Money on Augusta, ME Auto Insurance
- Rate Comparisons for North Augusta Auto Insurance Providers
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to compare auto insurance rates online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding . Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates than their larger competitors like Allstate, Geico and Progressive.
When you , do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost.