Pricey auto insurance can dwindle your accounts and force you to make sacrifices. Many auto insurance companies vie for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies to get the lowest price
If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using these methods. Finding affordable coverage in Edinburg is not rocket science. Although Texas vehicle owners need to learn the way companies market on the web and apply this information to your search.
There are a variety of methods to compare auto insurance prices but some are less time-consuming than others. You could waste a few hours driving to local insurance agents in Edinburg, or you can utilize the internet for quick rates.
The majority of car insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace where prospective buyers send in one quote, and each participating company returns a competitive quote based on that information. This eliminates the need for form submissions for every auto insurance company. To compare rates using this form now click here (opens in new window).
The only downside to using this type of system is you don’t know exactly the insurers you will receive quotes from. If you prefer to choose specific providers to compare rates, we have a page of the cheapest auto insurance companies in Texas. View list of Texas insurance companies.
The method you choose is up to you, but double check that you are using identical deductibles and coverage limits for every company. If you are comparing unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s not possible to determine the best price in Edinburg. Having just a slight variation in insurance coverages could skew the results. And when price shopping your coverage, quoting more provides better odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some insurance providers don’t list every discount very well, so the list below contains both the well known and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you .
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying coverage for all your vehicles with the same auto insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for substantially lower rates.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used car is cheaper because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military could mean lower auto insurance rates.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple autos, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and accident-free.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and good student.
- Travelers may include discounts for multi-policy, student away at school, new car, save driver, IntelliDrive, and continuous insurance.
- American Family has discounts for good driver, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, air bags, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for newly married, safety features, new move discount, newly retired, new vehicle discount, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in every state. For a list of insurance companies who offer free auto insurance quotes in Texas, click here to view.
Do I need an insurance agency?
A lot of people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Edinburg who will give you quotes for your business. You won’t even need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to you. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a comparison quote for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurance company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- How long have they been in business?
Edinburg auto insurance agents are either independent or captive
If you are searching for local Edinburg agents, there are two types of insurance agents and how they work. Agencies in Edinburg can be described as either independent agents or captive agents depending on their employer.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. These agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following are Edinburg captive insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
Allstate Insurance – 2002 W University Dr # 1 – Edinburg, TX 78539 – (956) 316-1040
Independent agencies are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured. When comparison shopping, you should always get several quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison.
The following are Edinburg independent insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Iam Insurance – 2101 Remington Ave – Edinburg, TX 78539 – (956) 316-3800
Us Insurance Svc – 9317 E Monte Cristo Rd – Edinburg, TX 78541 – (956) 381-6509
Phoenix Agency – 2356 E Freddy Gonzalez Dr – Edinburg, TX 78539 – (956) 292-8007
For more Edinburg insurance agents, link to this directory of Edinburg Texas insurance agents.
If you feel you receive positive responses in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that can properly service your auto insurance policy.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions might help in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- What if I total my vehicle and owe more than it’s worth?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Additional detailed information can be read at the Texas Department of Insurance website. Texas drivers can find out industry alerts, read state legal mandates and laws, read industry bulletins, and view a list of available companies.
You just read a lot of techniques to get a better price on auto insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
The cheapest auto insurance can be found online in addition to many Edinburg insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide online quoting and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.