Are you overwhelmed by the wide range of car insurance choices that you can choose from? You have so many options that it can be a real difficult job to locate the lowest car insurance rates. If you’ve ever been there, you know that Hueytown is an awesome place to live, but high car insurance prices makes it impossible to stay on budget.
It is always a good idea to do price comparisons on a regular basis because insurance prices change quite often. Even if you got the best deal on your last policy you will most likely find a better premium rate today. There is lot of inaccurate information about car insurance online but we’re going to give you some of the best ways to find cheap car insurance.
There are a lot of ways to shop for car insurance, and some are more efficient than others. You could spend your day talking to local insurance agents in Hueytown, or you could save time and use the web to get the quickest rates.
Most of the larger companies enroll in a system where insurance shoppers enter their policy data once, and at least one company returns a competitive quote. This saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for every car insurance company.
To compare rates using this form now click here to start a free quote.
The only downside to using this type of system is that you can’t choose which insurance companies to get pricing from. If you would rather choose specific insurance companies to compare prices, we have a listing of the cheapest car insurance companies in Alabama. Click here to view list.
You can use whichever method you prefer to find lower rates, just try to keep exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits for each comparison quote. If you enter unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s not possible to determine the best price in Hueytown. Quoting even small variations in coverages may cause a big price difference. Just remember that getting more free quotes helps increase your odds of locating a better price. Not every company does quotes online, so it’s important to also get prices from the smaller companies as well.
Car insurance myths debunked
Big name companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO endlessly run television, radio, and online ads. They all advertise the message that you’ll save big if you get a free and switch your policy. How is it possible that every company can sell you cheaper insurance coverage?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for a prospective insured that will generate a profit. For example, a profitable risk profile may be a mature driver, owns their home, and insures a new vehicle. A driver who matches those parameters will get very good Hueytown prices and as a result will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile may be forced to pay higher prices and business going elsewhere. If you listen closely, the ads state “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save the amount stated. That’s the way insurance companies can claim big savings. This really drives home the point why it’s extremely important to do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It is just not possible to predict which insurance companies will have the best rates.
Rate influencing factors
Many different elements are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although others are not as apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Occupations such as fire fighters, architects and financial analysts are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us because of high stress levels and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, occupations such as actors, engineers and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
- Rates are affected by your address – Living in areas with lower population can save you money when trying to find low car insurance rates. Urban drivers regularly have much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers and short commutes means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Insurance rates are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The best insurance prices tend to be for lower cost passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Liability insurance – Liability insurance will afford coverage when you are responsible for damages from an accident. It will provide legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- With age comes lower premiums – Beginning drivers in Alabama have a tendency to be more careless in a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Don’t get traffic citations – Your driving citation history can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Good drivers pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Getting just one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as thirty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant citations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Lower-cost Hueytown car insurance rates with discounts
Some providers don’t always publicize their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you . If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Accident Waiver – but companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- Renewal Discounts – A few car insurance companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Drive Less and Save – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Multiple Cars – Having several vehicles with the same car insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you depending on your car insurance provider.
- Anti-theft System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your .
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find .
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
If you need , ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Hueytown. To see companies that offer the discounts shown above in Alabama, follow this link.
Quote often and quote early
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to shop for car insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the best auto insurance rates are with the smaller companies.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal, denial of a claim and even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller providers sell through independent agencies. Budget-conscious car insurance is possible on the web and from local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis.
Read more about Alabama car insurance
Additional detailed information can be read at the Alabama Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to read enforcement actions against agents and companies, file complaints about a company, find disaster information, and read industry bulletins.