Purchasing the lowest cost Louisville auto insurance over the internet is problematic for consumers not familiar with comparison shopping online. With so many choices of choices, how can Louisville drivers have a chance to compare every one to find the best pricing?
How much can you save with discounts?
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every discount very well, so we break down some of the more common and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Good Student – This discount can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Student in College – Kids in college living away from home attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of insurers with discount auto insurance rates in Colorado, click here.
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Does my vehicle qualify for pleasure use?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Colorado?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in Colorado?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is OK! Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you may find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents in Louisville who will compete to get your business. There is no reason to leave your computer since price quotes are sent directly to your email. Now that’s easy!
Selecting a company should depend on more than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How long has their agency been open in Louisville?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
The following are agents in Louisville who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Shelter Insurance – 1017 E South Boulder Rd # H1, Louisville, CO 80027 – (303) 666-5007
- Winter Insurance – 801 Main St # 125, Louisville, CO 80027 – (303) 664-9974
- State Farm Insurance – 1314 Main St # 101, Louisville, CO 80027 – (303) 665-2206
- Farmers Insurance Group – 890 W Cherry St # 230, Louisville, CO 80027 – (303) 661-0083
- Allstate Insurance – 609 Main St, Louisville, CO 80027 – (303) 665-6678
To view a complete directory of auto insurance agents in Louisville, please view this page.
Upon receiving satisfactory answers for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to an insurance company that will provide auto insurance coverage.
Save $464 a year. For real?
Consumers in Colorado can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings by State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all make an identical promise about savings if you change to their company.
How does each company claim to save you money?
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that earns them a profit. For example, a profitable customer might be profiled as between 25 and 40, has no prior claims, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A propective insured who meets those qualifications will get the preferred rates and is almost guaranteed to pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who are not a match for these standards will be quoted more money which leads to business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s the way insurance companies can advertise the savings. This emphasizes why drivers should get a wide range of price quotes. It’s impossible to know which auto insurance company will give you the biggest savings.
Additional detailed information is located at the Colorado DORA Division of Insurance website. Colorado drivers can learn about specific coverages, find out industry alerts, and report car insurance fraud.
Do the work, save more money
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver or even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is easier than you think.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can reduce auto insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier.