Wish you could get out of high-priced car insurance? Trust us when we tell you there are many Colby consumers feeling the pinch from expensive car insurance. Since you have so many choices, it is very difficult to locate the right car insurance company.
Finding the best rates in Colby is easy if you know what you’re doing. Basically, every vehicle owner who buys car insurance will more than likely be able to save money. Nevertheless, Kansas vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies compete online and take advantage of how the system works.
Most larger insurance companies give pricing on the web. Comparing prices online is very simple as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information into a form. Upon sending the form, their quoting system collects credit information and your driving record and generates a price. Online quotes makes comparing rates easy, but the process of having to visit many different websites and type in your information can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible in order to find better car insurance pricing.
The better way to compare rates
A quicker way to get multiple rate quotes uses one simple form to get prices from a lot of companies. It saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes price shopping online much easier. Immediately after you send the form, your coverage is rated and you can choose your choice of the pricing results. If you find a better price you simply finish the application and purchase coverage. The whole process takes less than 15 minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
If you want to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, click here and fill out the form. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This ensures you are getting a price comparison using the exact same coverages.
You have control over your car insurance prices
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the things that help calculate your car insurance rates. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that could result in lower car insurance prices. Many different elements are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
- Use one insurance company and save – Most insurers apply better rates to clients that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to compare other insurance prices to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.There is a good possibility that you can find lower rates by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Don’t buy add-on coverages you don’t need – There are a ton of extra add-on coverages that you can buy when buying car insurance. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and membership fees could be just wasting money. These coverages may sound good initially, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Driving citations can increase rates – Just one speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking citations such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- Better premiums on vehicles with better crash test results – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you.
- Insurance rates and vehicle performance – The type of car you own makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The lowest premiums tend to be for the lowest performance passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Insurance is expensive for teen drivers – Young drivers in Kansas are statistically proven to be less responsible when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Adding a first-time driver to your policy can cause a big jump in price. More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers.
- Poor credit decisions can cost you – An insured’s credit history is a large factor in determining premium rates. If your credit score can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your vehicle if you improve your credit rating. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with bad credit.
Kansas car insurance discounts
Some providers do not list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden car insurance savings.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive simply for signing on the web.
- Student in College – College-age children who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Popular car insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, payment discounts, home ownership, multi-car, good student, new car, and save driver.
- 21st Century may include discounts for early bird, homeowners, good student, automatic seat belts, air bags, and driver training.
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, good driver, anti-theft, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, federal employee, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, and good student.
- SAFECO has discounts for safe driver, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, and drive less.
- AAA has savings for multi-car, good student, good driver, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, and pay-in-full.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in Colby. To find car insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Kansas, follow this link.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Does my vehicle qualify for pleasure use?
- Do no-fault laws apply in Kansas?
- Who is covered when they drive my vehicle?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
As you restructure your insurance plan, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just learned some good ideas how to lower your car insurance prices. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with a small local company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Consumer car insurance information in Kansas
Additional detailed information is available at the Kansas Insurance Department website. Visitors are able to learn about insurance regulations, view agent and company licensing information, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and find a variety of consumer forms.