No one likes paying for car insurance, especially knowing the cost is too high.
With consumers having so many online and local companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to locate the lowest price insurer.
Ellendale Car Insurance Prices Online
Most companies provide prices for coverage on the web. Getting online quotes doesn’t take a lot of time as you just type in your personal and coverage information into the quote form. Once entered, their rating system gets your driving record and credit report and returns a price determined by many factors. Being able to quote online makes comparing rates easy, but the process of having to visit multiple sites and enter the same data into a form gets old quite quickly. But it is imperative to get many rate quotes in order to get a better rate.
Quote rates the easy way
A quicker way to find lower prices uses one form to obtain quotes from multiple companies. It’s a real time-saver, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes quoting online much easier to do. As soon as you send your information, it gets priced with multiple companies and you can pick your choice of the pricing results. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can click and sign and purchase coverage. It just takes a couple of minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To find out what other companies charge, click here to open in a new tab and complete the simple form. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with the coverage information identical to your current policy. This ensures you will receive a price comparison for exact coverage.
More discounts equal less premium
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both well-publicized and the harder-to-find car insurance savings.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break when buying car insurance.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
To see a list of providers with discount car insurance rates in North Dakota, follow this link.
How your Ellendale rates are determined
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help determine your car insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Both sexes cause accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse is a quick way to pay more for car insurance. And not only will your rates increase, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Even a single ticket can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get dangerous violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Companies in North Dakota award lower rates to drivers who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Better credit means lower rates – Credit score is a large factor in calculating your car insurance rates. People with good credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit history is low, you could save money insuring your by repairing your credit.
Buying car insurance from a local agent
Some consumers would rather sit down with an agent. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the best rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this short form, your insurance data is emailed to insurance agents in Ellendale who will return price quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. It doesn’t get any easier! Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to.
Deciding on a company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Who are their largest clients?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
What types of insurance agents are in Ellendale?
When searching for a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents to choose from. Ellendale agents are categorized either captive or independent (non-captive).
Captive agents are contracted to one company such as Liberty Mutual, State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. These agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company but rather can write business amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you include several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Ellendale that are able to give price quote information.
Nodak Mutual Insurance – 216 Main St – Ellendale, ND 58436 – (701) 349-3539
First Southwest Insurance – 100 Main St – Ellendale, ND 58436 – (701) 349-3477
For a complete listing of licensed insurance agents in Ellendale, visit this site.
Once you have good answers to any questions you have and a low price estimate, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that can insure your vehicles.
More detailed North Dakota car insurance information is located at the North Dakota Insurance Department website. North Dakota consumers can view a list of available companies, get help finding coverage, and file complaints about a company.
The car insurance bait and switch
Car insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive continually stream ads on television and other media. They all seem to have a common claim that you’ll save big after switching your coverage to them. How can each company make almost identical claims?
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the driver they prefer to insure. An example of a profitable customer might be profiled as over the age of 50, has no tickets, and has great credit. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who don’t meet the “perfect” profile will be charged a higher premium and ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s why companies can truthfully make those claims. That is why it’s extremely important to get as many quotes as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which car insurance company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Smart shoppers get results
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to shop for car insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.