Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me, many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
Having so many online and local companies to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to choose the lowest price company.
Smart consumers take time to compare prices on a regular basis because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the lowest rates a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Finding Auto Insurance Deals in Fitchburg, Wisconsin
All the larger auto insurance companies provide coverage price quotes on the web. This process is pretty easy as you simply enter into the quote form. After you complete the form, the system orders your credit score and driving record and returns a price based on these factors. Quoting online streamlines rate comparisons, but the time it takes to visit several different sites and complete many quote forms gets old quite quickly. Unfortunately, it is important to perform this step if you are searching for the lowest possible prices on auto insurance.
A less time-consuming method to lower your rates utilizes a single form that obtains quotes from a lot of companies. The form is fast, eliminates form submissions, and makes rate comparisons a little more enjoyable. As soon as you send your information, it is quoted and you can choose any one of the resulting price quotes. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. It only takes a few minutes and can result in significant savings.
To quickly find out how much you can save on auto insurance, simply click here to open in new window and enter your information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you replicate coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you are getting rate quotes based on similar coverages.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the more common and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy on their website.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your policy.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Student in College – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of providers offering auto insurance discounts in Fitchburg, click here.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read at the Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance website. Wisconsin consumers can find a variety of consumer forms, learn about specific coverages, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.