Nobody that owns a car gets a kick out of paying for car insurance, especially knowing they could find lower prices if they just compared rates. Due to the increasing number of insurance companies to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to locate the lowest cost car insurance company.
Car insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but a few must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with one company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Multi-line Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness – but companies like Progressive, State Farm and Geico will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Telematics Devices – Leeds drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to analyze driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- Geico has savings for multi-vehicle, good student, emergency military deployment, military active duty, membership and employees, driver training, and federal employee.
- Travelers has discounts for early quote, continuous insurance, multi-car, good student, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for multi-policy, renewal discount, good student, driver training, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for newly retired, newly married, exclusive group savings, preferred payment discount, safety features, new graduate, and new move discount.
- American Family includes discounts for early bird, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, bundled insurance, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, homeowner, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available in every state.
Cutting your Leeds car insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. All that’s required is to take a couple of minutes to get quotes online with multiple companies. Comparing prices online can be done by using one of the methods below.
- Experts agree that the best way to find low rates is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This quick form eliminates the need for separate forms for each company you want a rate for. One form submission will return price quotes from multiple companies.
- A harder way to get comparison quotes requires a trip to each company website to request a price quote. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Farmers, Progressive and GMAC. In order to get each rate, you would have to go to every website and type in your information over and over, which can take a lot of time.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Leeds, click here.
It’s up to you which method you use, but ensure you’re using equivalent coverages for every company. If each company quotes higher or lower deductibles it’s impossible to determine which rate is truly the best in Leeds.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Some insurance companies may not have online quoting and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agencies. The cheapest car insurance can be found on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to get a better price on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may discover the lowest auto insurance rates come from a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.