Finding better rates for New Orleans car insurance is difficult for consumers new to shopping for insurance online. Drivers have so many choices that it can easily become a real challenge to find lower rates in New Orleans.
It’s a great practice to compare rates periodically since rates change frequently. Just because you found the best deal last year you can probably find a better price now. Don’t believe everything you read about car insurance online but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some great ways to find cheap car insurance in New Orleans.
If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these techniques to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Pricing affordable protection in New Orleans can be fairly easy. Louisiana vehicle owners just need to know the tricks to buy car insurance online.
Compare Quotes for New Orleans Car Insurance
Finding a better price on car insurance can be quick and easy. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer to get quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- One of the best ways to get the best comparison quotes is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This form saves time by eliminating a different quote for each company you want a rate for. One form submission gets you coverage quotes from many national carriers. This is by far the quickest method.
- A more difficult way to compare rate quotes is to take the time to go to each individual company website to complete a price quote. For sake of this example, let’s say you want rates from Auto-Owners, Safeco and GMAC. You would have to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in New Orleans, click here.
- The most time-consuming way of comparing rate quotes is to waste gas driving to local New Orleans insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the trained guidance only provided by licensed New Orleans agents. However, consumers can obtain prices from the web and still use a local agent.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but be sure to compare the exact same quote information for every company. If you enter different values for each quote it will be very difficult to find the best deal in New Orleans.
Local New Orleans agents and car insurance
A small number of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent. Good agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in New Orleans who will compete for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. How cool is that?!
Picking an provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
Choose the right auto insurance agent
If you’re trying to find a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures that you can select. New Orleans agents are categorized either captive or independent (non-captive). Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Captive Insurance Agents
These agents have only one company to place business with and examples are American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often choose to use a captive agent mainly due to the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Below is a short list of captive insurance agencies in New Orleans that are able to give price quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 4822 Prytania St – New Orleans, LA 70115 – (504) 891-2886
- Allstate Insurance – 5630 Crowder Blvd # 207 – New Orleans, LA 70127 – (504) 241-5111
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company but instead can place your coverage with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, it’s recommended you include several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers which may provide better rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in New Orleans willing to provide price quotes.
- Loretta Lodrigues Insurance – 1501 Edwards Ave # 10 – New Orleans, LA 70123 – (504) 733-8272
- Martin General Agency – 715 N Saint Patrick St – New Orleans, LA 70119 – (504) 484-6871
- Standard Mortgage Insurance – 701 Poydras St # 400 – New Orleans, LA 70139 – (504) 581-4731
- Direct General Ins Agency – 6023 Chef Menteur Hwy – New Orleans, LA 70126 – (504) 241-1055
- Direct General Ins Agency – 6027 Chef Menteur Hwy # 6023 – New Orleans, LA 70126 – (504) 241-1040
For a full directory of car insurance agents in New Orleans, please click here.
After getting positive feedback to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located an insurance agency that will properly service your car insurance policy.
More Louisiana car insurance information
More tips and info about car insurance is located at the Louisiana Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to discover disciplinary actions, read state legal mandates and laws, and learn about insurance regulations.