Using the web to shop for may seem complicated initially if you’re new to rate quotes online. Don’t let that stop you because there is an easy way to compare rates.
Components of your insurance prices
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that help calculate the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower rates.
Listed below are some of the most common factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Where you reside is a factor – Being located in less populated areas is a good thing when talking about auto insurance. Less people translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates. City drivers tend to have more auto accidents and longer commute times. More time behind the wheel means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Single vs. married – Having a wife or husband actually saves money compared to being single. Marriage usually means you are more responsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Credit score impacts premiums – An insured’s credit history can be an important factor in determining your rates. People that have excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with poor credit scores. If your credit history could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your vehicle by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- When should you not file a claims? – Insurance companies in Arkansas award discounts to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Older drivers are lower risk – Beginning drivers in Arkansas are known to be less responsible when driving with friends so auto insurance rates are higher. Having to add a young driver onto your auto insurance can really hurt. Older drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Insurance rates are higher for high performance vehicles – The make and model of the car or truck you need to insure makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. Lower cost passenger vehicles usually are quite affordable to insure, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Safer vehicles mean better rates – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy. If your vehicle has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
There are several ways to compare auto insurance quotes, but there is one way that is easier and takes less work. You can waste a lot of time discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in Piggott, or you could save time and use online quotes to achieve your goal.
Many insurance companies belong to a marketplace where insurance shoppers submit one quote, and at least one company provides a quote determined by their information. This saves time by eliminating quote requests for every auto insurance company.
To enter your information into the quoting system, click here to start a free quote.
The only downside to doing it this way is you can’t choose the insurers you want pricing from. So if you want to choose specific providers for rate comparison, we have a listing of low cost auto insurance companies in Arkansas. Click to view list.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just try to keep the exact same quote information for every quote you compare. If your comparisons have different values for each quote then you won’t be able to make a fair rate comparison in Piggott. Just a small difference in insurance coverages may result in large price differences. It’s important to know that comparing all the rates in your area gives you a better chance of getting the best price.
These discounts can slash auto insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every discount they offer very well, so we researched both the well known and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers may receive a slight reduction on a .
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less can qualify you for discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
To view providers with significant discounts in Piggott, click this link.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
A lot of people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your business. There is no reason to leave your house as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just the quoted price. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
- How long has the business existed?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
When researching a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents to choose from. Agencies in Piggott are categorized either captive agents or independent agents.
Captive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the captive channel can only write with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Captives are trained well on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently use the same agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type often have many company appointments so they can write business through many different auto insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you should always include rate quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates. Most also have access to smaller companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Piggott who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Fred Ort Insurance and Real Est – 235 E Main St – Piggott, AR 72454 – (870) 598-3916
- Gregory Insurance – 205 S 3rd Ave – Piggott, AR 72454 – (870) 598-2622
To choose from more Piggott insurance agents, visit this list of insurance agencies in Piggott, AR.
Additional detailed information is located at the Arkansas Insurance Department website. Arkansas consumers can get help finding coverage, find disaster information, and read consumer alerts.
Persistence pays off
You just read many ways to reduce auto insurance car insurance rates online. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the best car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim, delays in paying claims and even questionable increases in premium. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
Cost effective auto insurance can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Piggott, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies don’t offer rate quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.