Tired of trying to scrape together enough money to insure your vehicles every month? You are in the same boat as most other car owners in Michigan.
Many insurers vie for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a provider to get the lowest rate
How to Buy Warren Auto Insurance Online
Most major insurance companies give coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Getting online rates is quite simple as you just enter into a form. Once you submit the form, their rating system makes automated requests for credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote based on these and other factors. This simplifies rate comparisons, but having to visit a lot of sites and type in the same information is repetitive and time-consuming. But it’s absolutely necessary to do this if you are searching for better prices.
A less time-consuming method to lower your auto insurance bill uses one simple form that analyzes rates from a lot of companies. It’s a real time-saver, requires much less work on your part, and makes comparison shopping much more enjoyable. As soon as you send your information, your coverage is rated and you can select any of the resulting price quotes.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and purchase the new policy. It can be completed in a matter of minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To save time and find out how much you can save on auto insurance, click here and submit your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you are getting a price comparison for the exact same coverage.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car is cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-63.jpg" alt="lower rates in Michigan” />
To choose insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Michigan, follow this link.
What determines how much you pay?
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
Listed below are some of the items auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping car theft.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Even one citation can increase rates forty percent or more. Good drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. If you have flagrant violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Men and women tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage. They also get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – A driver’s credit rating is a huge factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Drivers with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower credit scores. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your by spending a little time repairing your credit.
There’s no such thing as the perfect policy
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions can help discover if you might need professional guidance.
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- What if I total my vehicle and owe more than it’s worth?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Michigan minimum liability coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Much more information about auto insurance in Michigan is located on the website for the Michigan Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation located here. Visitors are able to discover disciplinary actions, view agent and company licensing information, view a list of available companies, and file complaints about a company.
Beware of misleading auto insurance ads
Auto insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads on television and other media. They all seem to say the same thing that you’ll save big after switching to them. How can each company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that earns them a profit. A good example of a desirable insured could possibly be over the age of 40, has no tickets, and has excellent credit. Any new insured who matches those parameters receives the best rates and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who don’t measure up to this ideal profile must pay more money and ends up with the customer not buying. The ads say “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. That’s why companies can claim big savings.
This illustrates why you need to compare as many rates as you can. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price.
Cheaper auto insurance is definitely available online in addition to many Warren insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.