Consumers who are new to shopping for insurance online can find sourcing is more work than they anticipated.
You should make it a habit to check auto insurance prices periodically since prices change quite often. Just because you had the best rates at your last renewal a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn one of the quickest ways to save on auto insurance.
Take advantage of these money-saving discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies will give you a small discount over the internet.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger auto insurance companies have a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down could qualify for cheaper prices.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
You can save money using discounts, but most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will reduce your policy premiums.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer quotes with these benefits are:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Beech Grove. To choose companies with discount auto insurance rates in Beech Grove, follow this link.
All the larger auto insurance companies allow you to get prices on the web. Comparing prices online is pretty painless because it’s just a matter of typing in your personal and coverage information as requested by the quote form. Once you submit the form, their quoting system orders your credit score and driving record and returns pricing information based on many factors.
Online price estimates makes comparing rates easy, but the time required to go to each company’s website and repetitively complete many quote forms is not the best way to spend an afternoon. But it’s necessary to do this if you want to find a lower rate.
There is an easier way to compare rates
The preferred way to find better auto insurance pricing uses one simple form to obtain quotes from a lot of companies. It saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes online price comparison much easier to do. After sending the form, it is quoted and you can select any one of the pricing results.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you simply finish the application and purchase the new policy. It takes just a few minutes to complete and may save quite a bit of money.
To save time and find out what other companies charge, simply click here to open in new window and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in the coverages as shown on your current policy. Doing this guarantees you are getting comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Do I need special coverages?
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Indiana minimum liability coverage?
- Who is covered when they drive my vehicle?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- What if I total my vehicle and owe more than it’s worth?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
A little work can save a LOT of money
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium, being labeled a high risk driver and high prices. Whatever your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider can be easier than you think.
Low-cost auto insurance is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood Beech Grove agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies don’t offer rates over the internet and most of the time these regional carriers work with independent insurance agencies.