Finding better rates for Fairmont car insurance is always a challenge for consumers not familiar with comparing rates online. You have so many options that it can turn into a big hassle to find the best price in Fairmont.
Buying car insurance in Fairmont is not that difficult. If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. West Virginia drivers just need to understand the proper way to compare rates over the internet.
Cheap Fairmont Car Insurance Comparisons
Finding cheaper car insurance prices isn’t really that difficult. Consumers just need to take time comparing rate quotes online from several insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The best way to find the lowest comparison rates would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This easy form keeps you from doing separate quote forms for each company. Just one form will get you price quotes . This is by far the quickest method.
- Another way to analyze rates requires you to visit the website for each individual company and request a quote. For sake of this example, let’s say you want comparison quotes from Nationwide, Farmers and Allstate. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in Fairmont, click here.
- The hardest way of comparing rate quotes is driving to insurance agents’ offices. Buying insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the personal advice of a local Fairmont agent. Drivers can compare online quotes and get advice from an agent in your area and you’ll learn how to do that later.
Which method you use is up to you, but ensure you are comparing exactly the same quote information with each company. If you enter different limits and deductibles on each one it will be very difficult to determine the best price in Fairmont.
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When it comes to choosing coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
But I want to work with a local agent
Some consumers would rather talk to a local agent and that is OK! Agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find better rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You never need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. It doesn’t get any easier!
Choosing an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
Types of insurance agents in Fairmont
When looking for a good Fairmont insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Fairmont are classified as either captive or independent (non-captive). Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the difference between them because it can impact buying decisions.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents write business for a single company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, Farmers Insurance or Liberty Mutual. Captives cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently choose to use a captive agent mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a list of captive agencies in Fairmont that are able to give price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 1543 Fairmont Ave # 204 – Fairmont, WV 26554 – (304) 363-8100
- State Farm Insurance – 100 Village Dr # 100 – Fairmont, WV 26554 – (304) 368-3300
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, it’s recommended you get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies which can save you money.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Fairmont who can help you get comparison quotes.
- United Security Agency – 1207 Fairmont Ave – Fairmont, WV 26554 – (304) 363-1660
- Smith-Carpenter Agency Inc – 428 Fairmont Ave – Fairmont, WV 26554 – (304) 363-9200
- Zimmerman Insurance Co – 321 Fairmont Ave – Fairmont, WV 26554 – (304) 366-6290
- Davis and Tarasuk Insurance Corp – 1543 Fairmont Ave # 101 – Fairmont, WV 26554 – (304) 366-1100
- Hood Agency Inc – 1944 Fairmont Ave – Fairmont, WV 26554 – (304) 366-4050
To view a full list of insurance agents in Fairmont, visit this site.
Once you have received acceptable answers to any questions you have and a good coverage price, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that will service your policy.
Read more about West Virginia car insurance
More detailed West Virginia car insurance information is located at the West Virginia Insurance Commission website. Visitors are able to read consumer alerts, learn about specific coverages, find out which companies have the most complaints, and file complaints about a company.
Additional helpful sites include Wikipedia and see this list of insurance agents in Fairmont.