Are you sick and tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay your car insurance bill each month? You are no different than millions of other consumers.
Big companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive persitently shower you with fancy advertisements and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the propoganda and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. Finding the best rates in Germantown is not that difficult. But Wisconsin drivers can benefit from knowing how the larger insurance companies price insurance differently and apply this information to your search.
Compare the Market for Auto Insurance in Germantown, Wisconsin
When shopping for auto insurance there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes from local in Germantown, Wisconsinauto insurance companies. One of the best ways to find competitive insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
The recommended way to find low rates would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This type of form prevents you from having to do separate quotation requests for each company you want a rate for. One form submission gets you price quotes .
A different way to shop for auto insurance online is to manually visit the website for each individual company to complete a price quote. For example, we’ll pretend you want rates from Nationwide, Liberty Mutual and GMAC. You would have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in Germantown, click here.
The least efficient method of comparing rate quotes is to spend time driving to different agent offices. The internet eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the trained guidance of a local agent. It is possible to get prices online but buy from a local insurance agent.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but ensure you’re using apples-to-apples coverages and limits with each company. If your comparisons have different limits and deductibles on each one you will not be able to find the best deal in Germantown. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. Just keep in mind that quoting more gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Companies don’t list every discount very well, so the following is a list of some of the best known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially compared to bad drivers.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Resident Student – Kids in college living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Wisconsin, click here.
How your Germantown rates are determined
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that go into determining your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- What are your deductibles? – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, and burglary. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection if you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. It will provide for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Safer cars get lower rates. These vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are a lot of extra coverages that you can buy on your policy. Coverages like roadside assistance, towing coverage and membership fees may be wasting your money. They may seem good at first, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Where you live can impact rates – Being located in less populated areas has it’s advantages when talking about auto insurance. City drivers tend to have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Lower population translates into fewer accidents.
Aren’t my neighborhood agents an option?
Certain consumers just want to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to companies in Germantown who will battle for your coverage. There is no need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. How’s that for easy! It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby.
Choosing an insurer should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Are they full-time agents?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
Listed below is a short list of insurance companies in Germantown that may be able to provide price quotes.
Farmers Insurance Group – 11163 Stonewood Dr, Germantown, WI 53022 – (262) 946-2500
Frydach Insurance Inc – W175n11163 Stonewood Dr # 229, Germantown, WI 53022 – (262) 437-0036
Geiger Insurance – N116w16316 Main St, Germantown, WI 53022 – (262) 255-2250
After receiving good answers to these questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, chances are good that you have found an provider that is a good match to properly service your auto insurance policy.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read at the Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance website. Consumers can read state legal mandates and laws, view a list of available companies, view agent and company licensing information, and report car insurance fraud.
More related Germantown auto insurance information:
- Guide to Finding an Auto Insurance Agent in Germantown
- Save Money on Germantown Car Insurance Rates in Five Minutes
- 7 Discounts Germantown Drivers Miss when Buying Auto Insurance Online
A little work can save a LOT of money
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to lower your auto insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Budget-conscious auto insurance is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Germantown agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
When you buy insurance online, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.