Sick and tired of not being able to afford to pay your car insurance bill each month? Your situation is no different than many other drivers in Florida. Since consumers have many choices of insurance companies, it can be impossible to choose the cheapest insurance company.
It’s a good idea to get comparison quotes on a regular basis because prices change quite often. Just because you had the best deal a year ago a different company probably has better rates today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about auto insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you the best ways to quit paying high auto insurance rates.
Finding affordable coverage in Lauderhill is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to find better prices while maximizing coverage. Florida consumers only need an understanding of the best way to compare company rates online.
Lauderhill Auto Insurance Quote Comparison
Performing a rate comparison can take hours if you don’t utilize the easiest way. You could spend the better part of a day discussing policy coverages with insurance companies in Lauderhill, or you could save time and use the web to get pricing more quickly.
The majority of car insurance companies enroll in a system that enables customers to send in one quote, and each company can provide price quotes based on that information. This saves time by eliminating quotation requests to each company.
To submit your quote information now, click here to open in new window.
The one downside to using this type of form is you cannot specify the companies you will receive quotes from. If you wish to select individual companies to compare rates, we have a page of low cost auto insurance companies in Florida. Click here to view list.
However you get your quotes, double check that you are using the exact same coverages on every quote. If each company quotes higher or lower deductibles it will be impossible to truly determine the lowest rate in Lauderhill.
Verify you’re getting all your discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise all available discounts very clearly, so we break down some of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
To choose companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Florida, follow this link.
What impacts Lauderhill insurance rates?
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are a ton of extra coverages that you can buy on your auto insurance policy. Coverages like personal injury protection, towing coverage and term life insurance are some examples. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you.
- With age comes lower rates – Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and are safer drivers. Teenage drivers tend to get distracted easily in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Choosing to live in less populated areas can save you money when buying auto insurance. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents. Drivers in populated Florida areas tend to have traffic congestion and longer commute times. Longer commute distances translates into higher accident risk.
When should I talk to an agent?
When it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation may require specific advice.
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Lauderhill?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
More detailed Florida auto insurance information can be found at the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation website. Consumers can learn about insurance regulations, read consumer alerts, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
One last thing about your coverage
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on auto insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Cheaper auto insurance is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Lauderhill, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
When shopping online for auto insurance, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.