Sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money to insure your vehicles every month? You are no different than millions of other consumers.
Because you have many online and local companies to choose from, it can be diffult for consumers to find the most cost effective provider.
It’s a good idea to compare prices yearly since insurance rates go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates six months ago there may be better deals available now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding car insurance online but with this article, you’re going to get some proven techniques to find cheap car insurance.
Finding the best rates in Oxnard is easy if you know what you’re doing. In a nutshell, everyone who shops for car insurance will most likely be able to save money. But California drivers must understand how insurance companies compete online and take advantage of how the system works.
Low Cost Oxnard Car Insurance
Most companies quote insurance quotes online. This process is quite easy as you simply type in your required coverages into the quote form. After you submit the form the system obtains your credit score and driving record and quotes a price. Quoting online helps simplify price comparisons, but the time required to go to a lot of sites and fill out multiple forms gets old quite quickly. But it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the best price possible.
The better way to compare rates
A quicker way to find better car insurance pricing uses one form to return rates from a bunch of companies at once. This type of form saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes quoting online much more enjoyable and efficient. After sending your information, your coverage is rated and you are able to buy your choice of the quotes that you receive. If a lower price is quoted, you can click and sign and buy the new coverage. This process takes just a few minutes to complete and can result in significant savings.
To quickly fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, simply click here to open in new window and submit your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in the coverage information just like they are on your policy. This makes sure you’re receiving a fair comparison for similar insurance coverage.
Ads can be misleading
Car insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. They all seem to have a common claim that you’ll save big if you switch your policy. How do they all claim to save you money?
Different companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that is profitable for them. For example, a preferred risk could possibly be over the age of 40, a clean driving record, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any new insured who fits that profile will get the preferred rates and most likely will save when switching.
Consumers who are not a match for this ideal profile will be charged a more expensive rate and ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “people who quote” save money. That is how companies can make the claims of big savings. That is why it’s extremely important to compare many company’s rates. Because you never know which company will fit your personal profile best.
Smart Buyers can Save Money
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that help determine your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you.
- Frequent car insurance claims increase rates – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies in California give cheaper rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- With age comes lower rates – Teenage drivers in California tend to get distracted easily behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Adding a teen driver onto a policy can be quite pricey. Older drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims and get fewer tickets.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Not having insurance can get your license suspended and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time.You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the California DMV.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on car insurance. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are many extra bells and whistles that can waste your money on your policy. Coverages like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness and term life insurance are some examples. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Your deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply could be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and burglary. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your car insurance will be.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies do not list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with a few car insurance companies.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply the the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
To choose insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Oxnard, follow this link.
Aren’t my neighborhood agents an option?
Certain consumers just want to visit with an insurance agent. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will compete for your insurance coverage. You never need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to your email. Now that’s easy! You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby.
Selecting a company requires more thought than just the price. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How long has their agency been in business in Oxnard?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different types of agents from which to choose. Agents can either be captive or independent (non-captive).
This type of agents work for only one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Captives cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captives receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a list of captive insurance agents in Oxnard willing to provide price quotes.
Allstate Insurance – 750 W Gonzales Rd # 180 – Oxnard, CA 93036 – (805) 984-7000
Farmers Insurance Group – 3575 Saviers Rd – Oxnard, CA 93033 – (805) 483-4225
State Farm Insurance – 500 E Esplanade Dr # 1275 – Oxnard, CA 93036 – (805) 988-8895
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company but rather can write business with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When shopping rates, we recommend you include price quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Oxnard who can help you get comparison quotes.
Cezar Garcia Agency – 3711 Saviers Rd # K – Oxnard, CA 93033 – (805) 483-7203
Ramirez Insurance Svc – 344 W 5th St – Oxnard, CA 93030 – (805) 483-1144
Dale Watson Agency – 1545 W 5th St # 240 – Oxnard, CA 93030 – (805) 984-3777
Kenton Auto Insurance – 1500 Saviers Rd – Oxnard, CA 93033 – (805) 486-1217
For a complete listing of licensed insurance agents in Oxnard, view this link.
Once you have satisfactory answers to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that will provide car insurance coverage.
Better coverage you can count on
Low-cost car insurance can be sourced from both online companies and with local Oxnard insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can reduce car insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
More detailed California car insurance information is available at the California Department of Insurance website. Consumers can find disaster information, file complaints about a company, and report car insurance fraud.
More related Oxnard car insurance information: