Perplexed by the wide range of auto insurance company choices in Dayton? You’re not the only one! Drivers have so many options that it can quickly become a ton of work to find the lowest price.
It’s smart to check auto insurance prices yearly since insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price a year ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the fastest and easiest way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Finding affordable coverage in Dayton is quite easy. In a nutshell, every driver who is required by state law to have auto insurance should be able to save money. Although Ohio drivers must learn the way companies sell insurance online because it can help you find the best coverage.
How to Lower Your Auto Insurance Cost in Dayton, Ohio
All major auto insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get price estimates directly from their websites. The process doesn’t take much effort as you just enter the coverages you want into a form. Once you submit the form, the system obtains information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price based on these factors.
This streamlines rate comparisons, but the time required to go to several different sites and enter the same data into a form is not the best way to spend an afternoon. But it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you want to find the lowest price.
Rate comparisons made easy
The quickest way to compare auto insurance pricing is to use a quote form to return rates from more than one company. It saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes online price comparison much more enjoyable and efficient. After sending the form, it gets priced and you can choose any of the quote results. If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. The whole process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and can result in significant savings.
To quickly find out how much you’re overpaying now, simply click here to open in new window and fill out the form. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you enter the coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you will receive a rate comparison using the same coverage and limits.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-64.jpg" alt="Dayton Ohio car insurance prices”/>
Learn How to Buy Auto Insurance Cheaper
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are quite a few add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Things like vanishing deductibles, accidental death and membership fees may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Your age impacts your rates – Youthful drivers in Ohio are known to be careless and easily distracted when driving so auto insurance rates are higher. If you’ve ever had to add a teen driver to your auto insurance policy can be very expensive. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection when you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – Credit history is a large factor in your rate calculation. If your credit is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your by improving your credit score. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on your policy. Having a significant other means you’re more mature it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Frequent auto insurance claims increase rates – Auto insurance companies in Ohio provide lower rates to people who are claim-free. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every available discount very clearly, so here is a list some of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less than less cautious drivers.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on their website.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may receive better auto insurance rates.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who live away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Everyone needs different coverages
When buying the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Compare but don’t skimp
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund or denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching auto insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
In this article, we presented many ways to compare auto insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
The cheapest auto insurance is possible on the web as well as from independent agents in Dayton, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
More sites with auto insurance information
Additional detailed information can be read at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to learn about insurance regulations, file complaints about a company, view a list of available companies, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.