Finding the best price on Espanola auto insurance can be difficult if you’ve never compared quoting online. But don’t let that discourage you because it’s actually quite easy.
You need to check auto insurance prices on a regular basis since insurance rates change frequently. Just because you found the best deal a year ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. So just ignore everything you know about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you the best methods to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, you can follow these tips to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. The purpose of this article is to tell you the best way to quote coverages. New Mexico vehicle owners only need to know the most effective way to compare price quotes online.
Rate influencing factors
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what determines base rates enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” auto insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Jobs such as real estate brokers, social workers and financial analysts have higher average rates because of high stress levels and long work hours. Conversely, occupations like scientists, engineers and the unemployed get better rates.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Driving with no insurance is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance expire. And not only will your rates increase, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Pay less if you’re married – Being married helps lower the price on auto insurance. It means you’re more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates.
- Save money with special equipment – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Are you male or female? – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Women and men have accidents at about the same rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are many extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying on your policy. Things like vanishing deductibles, accidental death and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you if a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
Automobile Insurance Quotes in Espanola
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is not rocket science. You just have to spend a few minutes comparing rates online with multiple companies. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
The most efficient way consumers can analyze rates is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This form keeps you from doing boring form submissions for each company. Filling out one form gets you price quotes from many national carriers.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
Another way to analyze rates consists of visiting the website of each company to complete a price quote. For instance, let’s say you want comparison quotes from Auto-Owners, Esurance and GEICO. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in Espanola, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make darn sure you compare the exact same coverage information with each company. If each company quotes different values for each quote it will be very difficult to determine the best price in Espanola.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list all their discounts very clearly, so we researched both the well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Espanola can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your policy.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
Additional detailed information is located at the New Mexico Insurance Division website. New Mexico drivers can find out which companies have the most complaints, read state legal mandates and laws, and view agent and company licensing information.
Keep this in mind
You just learned a lot of techniques to lower your auto insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with the smaller companies.
Discount auto insurance is definitely available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Espanola agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal or policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is easier than you think.