Have you fallen victim to overpriced auto insurance? Trust us, many Liberal consumers feel financially strained by their auto insurance policy.
You have multiple car insurance companies to pick from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, it makes it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
It’s a great practice to price shop coverage at least once a year since insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the lowest price six months ago you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the best methods to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Auto Insurance Prices in Liberal, Kansas
Most major insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive quote prices directly from their websites. The process is quite easy as you just type in into a form. After you submit the form their rating system makes automated requests for information on your driving record and credit history and generates pricing information. This simplifies rate comparisons, but the time it takes to visit many different websites and complete many quote forms gets old quite quickly. Unfortunately, it is important to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the best price possible.
The preferred way to find lower prices uses one form that obtains quotes from many companies. This type of form saves time, eliminates form submissions, and makes quoting online much easier to do. After sending your information, it gets priced and you can choose your choice of the quotes that you receive. If the quotes result in lower rates, it’s easy to complete the application and purchase the new policy. It can be completed in less than 10 minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To save time and find out what other companies charge, simply click here to open in new window and enter your information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate the insurance coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This ensures you will get a rate comparison for exact coverage.
Auto insurance myths debunked
Auto insurance providers like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. They all make the same claim that you’ll save big if you switch to them. How does each company claim to save you money?
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver that is profitable for them. An example of a preferred risk could possibly be over the age of 40, a clean driving record, and has great credit. A propective insured that hits that “sweet spot” will get the preferred rates and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Potential insureds who do not match this ideal profile will be charged higher premiums which usually ends up with business not being written. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That’s why companies can truthfully make those claims. That is why drivers should quote coverage with many companies. It’s just too difficult to predict which auto insurance company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
How insurance companies determine rates
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that help determine auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – The majority of companies will award you with lower prices to people who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to compare rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. The more you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Liability coverage provides coverage in the event that a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Performance level impacts rates – The performance level of the car you drive makes a huge difference in your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Companies don’t always advertise all available discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the best known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government may qualify you for a discount depending on your company.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class in school.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
There’s no such thing as the perfect policy
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Shop online but buy locally
Some consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this short form, your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will compete for your coverage. You never need to leave your house since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. How cool is that?! You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with.
Choosing an provider needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
Do you need an independent or captive insurance agent?
When looking for a good Liberal insurance agent, there are two types of agencies that you can select. Agencies in Liberal are categorized either independent (non-captive) or captive.
These agents have only one company to place business with such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are well schooled in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of captive agents in Liberal who may provide you with rate quotes.
Shelter Insurance – 225 N Washington Ave – Liberal, KS 67901 – (620) 624-6011
Farm Bureau Insurance – 1010 N Kansas Ave – Liberal, KS 67901 – (620) 624-1681
State Farm Insurance – 1105 N Kansas Ave – Liberal, KS 67901 – (620) 624-2535
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company but rather can write business with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
When shopping rates, it’s recommended you get quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Liberal that can give you rate quotes.
Brooke Insurance and Financial – 412 N Washington Ave – Liberal, KS 67901 – (620) 624-7468
Lambert Insurance – 416 N Kansas Ave – Liberal, KS 67901 – (620) 624-5607
To view a full list of Liberal insurance agents, please go to this site.
Once you have answers to your satisfaction to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that can properly service your auto insurance policy.
Smart shoppers get results
When buying insurance coverage, never buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Discount auto insurance can be sourced on the web as well as from independent agents in Liberal, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
More detailed Kansas auto insurance information can be found at the Kansas Insurance Department website. Consumers can read consumer alerts, learn about specific coverages, and view agent and company licensing information.