Have you had enough of paying out the nose to pay your car insurance bill each month? Your situation is no different than many other Kansas consumers.
With consumers having so many auto insurance companies to choose from, it can be impossible to locate the best company.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Wichita is quite easy. Basically, everyone who shops for auto insurance will be able to cut their insurance bill. Kansas consumers must learn how big insurance companies market on the web and take advantage of how the system works in order to find the cheapest car insurance in Wichita.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers living away from home attending college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of providers with the best auto insurance discounts in Kansas, click here to view.
Compare Wichita Auto Insurance Costs
Performing a rate comparison can be a lot of work if you don’t understand the fastest way to get free quotes. You can waste a few hours (or days) talking about coverages with insurance companies in Wichita, or you could use online quotes to get rates in a matter of minutes.
Most of the best insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace where insurance shoppers submit their information once, and each company provides a quote based on that information. This eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for every auto insurance company. To compare rates now click here to start a free quote.
The one downside to using this type of system is you don’t know exactly which providers to get quotes from. If you prefer to choose specific providers to compare, we have assembled a list of auto insurance companies in Kansas. Click to view list.
Whichever method you choose, ensure you are comparing exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits with every price quote. If each company quotes unequal deductibles or liability limits you can’t possibly make a fair comparison in Wichita. Quoting even small variations in limits can make a big difference in price. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing more company’s prices helps you find a better price.
How to Lower your Auto Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Even a single speeding ticket can increase rates by twenty percent. Good drivers get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who get flagrant violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Are you male or female? – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men cause accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Big city or small town – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when talking about auto insurance. Urban drivers have to deal with more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Lower population means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Credit scores impact auto insurance rates – Having a bad credit history is a large factor in determining your rates. If your credit score is not that good, you could pay less to insure your by improving your rating. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores.
- Increase deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in Kansas?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Car Insurance through a local agent
A small number of people would rather sit down with an agent and that is OK! One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. Now that’s easy! It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with.
Selecting an provider should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
If you want to select a specific agent in Wichita, click here to link.
Upon getting positive responses to these questions and a low price estimate, chances are good that you have found a company that will adequately provide auto insurance.
Smart consumers save more
We just showed you many ideas to shop for auto insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may discover the lowest rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where someone dropped collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Learn more about auto insurance in Kansas
More tips and info about auto insurance is located at the Kansas Insurance Department website. Visitors are able to find out which companies have the most complaints, get help finding coverage, and find disaster information.