Are you intimidated by the dozens of auto insurance company choices in Yakima? Lot’s of other consumers are too. Consumers have so many companies to choose from that it can easily become a challenge to find the lowest price.
Buying car insurance in Yakima is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to cut costs considerably using this strategy. Washington vehicle owners only need an understanding of the most effective way to compare price quotes online.
Informed Drivers can Cut Their Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what determines base rates enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
Shown below are some of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Marriage pays dividends – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on auto insurance. Having a significant other means you’re more mature and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Jobs such as real estate brokers, business owners and dentists have the highest average rates due to job stress and long work days. Other jobs such as farmers, historians and the unemployed get better rates.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. The more you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- One company can mean more discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts to policyholders who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Equipment add-ons that lower auto insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Safer cars get lower rates. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you.
- Performance influences rates – The type of vehicle you are insuring makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. Economy passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Big city or small town – Choosing to live in a small town has it’s advantages when talking about auto insurance. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated Washington areas have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. More time commuting can result in more accidents.
Auto Insurance Comparison Rates in Yakima, Washington
There are multiple methods you can shop for auto insurance but there is one way that is more efficient than others. You could spend the better part of a day talking about coverages with insurance companies in Yakima, or you could save time and use online quotes to get the quickest rates.
Many popular insurance companies enroll in a system that allows shoppers to complete one form, and every company returns a competitive quote. This saves time by eliminating quote requests for each company.
To enter your information into the quoting system, click to open in new window.
The only downside to getting quotes like this is that consumers can’t choose the providers to receive prices from. So if you want to select specific providers to compare prices, we have assembled a list of the cheapest auto insurance companies in Washington. View list of Washington insurance companies.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just ensure you’re using the exact same coverage limits and deductibles for every company. If you use different liability limits you can’t possibly make a fair comparison in Yakima.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies don’t always publicize every discount very well, so we break down some of the best known and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- College Student – Children who live away from home and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies will give a small break just for signing your application digitally online.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
To choose insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Yakima, click this link.
Additional detailed information is available at the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner website. Washington consumers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, learn about specific coverages, and learn about insurance regulations.
Quote more, save more
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
When you buy insurance online, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your auto insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.