Perplexed by the number of car insurance sources in Tekamah? Nebraska vehicle owners have so many sources to choose from that it can easily turn into a real hassle to locate the lowest car insurance rates. Tekamah is a great place to live, but trying to pay high car insurance rates can make it hard to be able to buy decent coverage.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Tekamah is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a current car insurance policy or are shopping for new coverage, you will benefit by learning to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. Nebraska vehicle owners only need to know the most effective way to get comparison quotes online.
Car insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Some companies do not list every policy discount very well, so the list below details some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Paper-free Discount – Certain car insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on the web.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your car insurance provider.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a driver safety course could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a lower rate if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow data collection to look at where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount will cut your overall premium however.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA may offer discounts for education and occupation, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, multi-car, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including youthful driver, homeowner, switch companies, mature driver, good student, multi-car, and distant student.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, military active duty, emergency military deployment, air bags, defensive driver, and federal employee.
- Esurance offers discounts including good driver, emergency road assistance, paid-in-full, defensive driver, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, and Pac-12 alumni.
- SAFECO has savings for teen safe driver, multi-car, safe driver, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, and accident prevention training.
- State Farm offers discounts for anti-theft, accident-free, multiple policy, student away at school, and Drive Safe & Save.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts might not be offered in your area. To view insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Nebraska, follow this link.
Compare rates but work with a local neighborhood Tekamah car insurance agent
Some consumers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Most agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the best rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to insurance agents in Tekamah that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an insurer should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Who are their largest clients?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Nebraska?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
Tekamah auto insurance agents are either independent or captive
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they function. Agents are classified as either captive or independent (non-captive). Both sell and service car insurance coverage, but it is a good idea to know why they differ since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Captive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be captive can only provide one company’s prices like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Captive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are trained well in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only buy from captive agents primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you check rates from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Many can place coverage with mutual insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are independent agencies in Tekamah that can give you price quotes.
- Burt County Insurance Agency – 303 S 13th St – Tekamah, NE 68061 – (402) 374-2622
- Burt County Insurance Agency – 303 S 13th St – Tekamah, NE 68061 – (402) 374-2622
- Burt County Insurance – 303 S 13th St – Tekamah, NE 68061 – (402) 374-2622
For more car insurance agents in Tekamah, see this list of insurance agents in Tekamah.
Upon getting answers to your satisfaction to all your questions as well as quotes, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles. Just be aware that you are able to cancel a policy whenever you wish so don’t think you are locked into a policy with no way to switch.
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When choosing adequate coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions might point out if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- What are the best liability limits?
- What is the minimum liability in Nebraska?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I qualify for additional discounts?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Car insurance 101
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hitting a bird, theft, rock chips in glass and a broken windshield. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Nebraska drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Collision coverage – This covers damage to your vehicle caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car, rolling your car, driving through your garage door and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Insurance for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills such as funeral costs, dental work, pain medications, prosthetic devices and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability insurance – This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as medical expenses, funeral expenses, medical services and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Nebraska requires minimum liability limits of 25,000/50,000/25,000 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
Even more information can be read at the Nebraska Department of Insurance website. Nebraska consumers can read industry bulletins, report car insurance fraud, view agent and company licensing information, and read consumer alerts.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Cheap car insurance is definitely available online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
When getting , it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We’ve covered many tips how you can save on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more you , the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.