No one in their right mind enjoys paying for auto insurance, in particular when their premiums are too high.
Big-name insurance companies like Geico, Progressive and Allstate all claim big savings, bombarding you with ads and it is difficult to separate fact from fiction and take the time to shop coverage around.
Automobile Insurance Quotes in Bountiful, UT
Comparing auto insurance rates can be challenging if you don’t utilize the most efficient way to do it. You can waste a few hours (or days) talking about coverages with local insurance agents in Bountiful, or you could save time and use online quoting to get pricing more quickly.
The majority of car insurance companies participate in a marketplace that allows shoppers to enter their coverage request one time, and each company then returns a price quote. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions to each company.
To compare rates using this form now click to open in new window.
The single downside to pricing coverage this way is you don’t know exactly which providers you want to price. If you prefer to choose specific insurance companies to compare rates, we put together a list of the cheapest auto insurance companies in Utah. View list of Utah insurance companies.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you’re using identical quote information with each company. If you enter different values for each quote then you won’t be able to make a fair comparison in Bountiful. Just a small difference in insurance coverages can make a big difference in price. Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps locate the best rates.
More discounts equal less premium
Car insurance can cost a lot, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- E-sign – Certain companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on their website.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will bring down your overall premium however.
Do I need a local agent?
Some consumers prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you may find the best rates but also keep your business local. Supporting small agencies is definitely important in Bountiful.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area who will compete for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. It doesn’t get any easier! Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to.
Types of car insurance agents in Bountiful
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, there are two different types of agents to choose from. Agencies in Bountiful are classified as either independent (non-captive) or captive.
These agents are not locked into one company but instead can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency. When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Bountiful who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
American National Insurance Co – 465 S 200 W # 1a – Bountiful, UT 84010 – (801) 292-9888
Dorothy M Nuffer Agency Inc – 152 W 500 S – Bountiful, UT 84010 – (801) 292-1230
Realvalue Insurance – 190 N Main St # 200 – Bountiful, UT 84010 – (801) 298-3811
Captive Insurance Agents
These agents work for only one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Captives cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Captive agencies are well schooled on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a short list of captive agencies in Bountiful that are able to give price quote information.
Farmers Insurance Group – 145 N Main St – Bountiful, UT 84010 – (801) 292-1495
Liberty Mutual Insurance – 74 E 500 S # 104 – Bountiful, UT 84010 – (801) 295-8886
Allstate Insurance – 3587 S Highway 89 – Bountiful, UT 84010 – (801) 295-9898
American Family Insurance – 273 W 500 S # 21 – Bountiful, UT 84010 – (801) 296-2557
To view a full list of Bountiful captive insurance agents, view this link.
Selecting an insurance agency requires more thought than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Upon getting positive feedback to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that can service your policy.
Components of your insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help determine your auto insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Being married is a good thing – Being married actually saves money on your auto insurance policy. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are many extra bells and whistles that can waste your money on your policy. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness and motor club memberships are some examples. These coverages may sound good initially, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
- Save money with special equipment – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder car theft.
- More performance means more cost – The performance of the car you own makes a significant difference in your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you.
Save $462 a year. For real?
Auto insurance companies such as Progressive, Geico, Allstate and State Farm consistently run ads on television and other media. They all seem to say the same thing that you can save if you change your coverage to them. But how can every company make the same claim?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that earns them a profit. For instance, a driver they prefer could be over the age of 40, has no driving citations, and chooses high deductibles. A propective insured who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and as a result will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile will have to pay higher premiums and this can result in business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That’s why companies can truthfully state the savings.
Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to compare many company’s rates. It’s just too difficult to predict which auto insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Affordable insurance is out there
We’ve covered many ideas to lower your auto insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Discount auto insurance can be bought from both online companies in addition to many Bountiful insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
Utah insurance information
Much more information about auto insurance in Utah is available on the website for the Utah Insurance Department found here. Utah drivers can find out industry alerts, learn about insurance regulations, and read consumer alerts.