Are you overwhelmed by the crazy number of auto insurance company choices in Broken Arrow? You’re not the only one! You have so many choices that it can easily become a real challenge to compare prices.
You should take the time to check auto insurance prices quite often due to the fact that insurance rates trend upward over time. If you had the lowest rates a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. So just forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to find lower rates on auto insurance.
Shopping for the best coverage in Broken Arrow can be fairly easy. Essentially every driver who carries auto insurance will more than likely be able to find better rates. But Oklahoma vehicle owners must comprehend how insurance companies determine prices.
How much can you save with discounts?
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but some must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may receive better auto insurance rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home may trigger a auto insurance policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on the same auto insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Student in College – Youth drivers living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a set time period.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
To choose providers offering auto insurance discounts in Broken Arrow, click this link.
You have some control over your rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Careers like lawyers, architects and financial analysts tend to have higher average rates in part from job stress and long work hours. Conversely, occupations like pilots, engineers and homemakers receive lower rates.
- Credit scores impact auto insurance rates – Having a bad credit rating is a large factor in your rate calculation. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your by improving your credit score.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Driving without insurance is against the law and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay more, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Oklahoma DMV.
- High numbers of claims are not good – Auto insurance companies in Oklahoma give discounts to insureds who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect higher rates. Car insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women are in accidents in similar numbers, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
Will just any policy work for me?
When buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my vehicle is totaled?
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Are insurance agents obsolete?
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Broken Arrow.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to participating agents in Broken Arrow who will return price quotes to get your business. You don’t have to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. How cool is that?! It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby.
Two types of auto insurance agents
When searching for an insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures to choose from. Broken Arrow agents are classified as either independent (non-captive) or captive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Broken Arrow that are able to give competitive price quotes.
- Liberty Mutual Insurance – 3762 S Elm Pl – Broken Arrow, OK 74011 – (918) 455-2943
- American Interstate Insurance – 2021 S Elm Pl – Broken Arrow, OK 74012 – (918) 451-8009
- Michael Ward Agency – 1008 N Hickory Ave – Broken Arrow, OK 74012 – (918) 258-6611
- Sid Sidman Agency – 4902 W Kenosha St – Broken Arrow, OK 74012 – (918) 254-0125
- Mike Emerson Agency – 610 S Aspen Ave – Broken Arrow, OK 74012 – (918) 258-5676
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agencies work for only one company such as State Farm or Allstate. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are well schooled on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from captives partially due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a short list of captive agencies in Broken Arrow who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Shelter Insurance – 1101 E Lansing St – Broken Arrow, OK 74012 – (918) 258-1700
- Allstate Insurance – 300 N Main St – Broken Arrow, OK 74012 – (918) 258-8671
- Liberty Mutual Insurance – 3762 S Elm Pl – Broken Arrow, OK 74011 – (918) 455-2943
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 801 N Elm Pl – Broken Arrow, OK 74012 – (918) 258-6030
- Farmers Insurance Group – 409 N Aspen Ave # 101 – Broken Arrow, OK 74012 – (918) 258-1191
- State Farm Insurance – 2413 N Aspen Ave – Broken Arrow, OK 74012 – (918) 251-1581
For a complete listing of Broken Arrow captive agencies, please click here.
Choosing an insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How many years of experience in personal lines insurance coverages do they have?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have and a good coverage price, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that will properly service your auto insurance policy.
Informative consumer insurance sites
Additional information is located on the Oklahoma Insurance Department website. Click here for link. Visitors are able to view agent and company licensing information, read consumer alerts, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and read state legal mandates and laws.
Buy online or local, you save
We’ve covered many ideas to save on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Low-cost auto insurance is available both online as well as from independent agents in Broken Arrow, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don’t offer online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund or even high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.