Buying the lowest cost Holyoke car insurance on the internet can seem to be problematic for consumers not familiar with comparison shopping online. Because there are so many companies in the marketplace, how can consumers even start to compare the different rates to find the cheapest rates?
It’s important to compare rates at least once a year since rates are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the lowest price two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the tricks you need to know to buy cheaper car insurance.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Holyoke is quite easy. Just about every vehicle owner who shops for car insurance should be able to find lower rates. Although Massachusetts drivers do need to learn the methods companies use to sell insurance online and take advantage of how the system works.
Compare the Market for Car Insurance in Holyoke, Massachusetts
Shopping for lower car insurance rates can be exhausting if you don’t understand the best way to get rate quotes. You can waste a few hours (or days) driving to agents in Holyoke, or you could save time and use the internet to get rates in a matter of minutes.
Many companies participate in a marketplace where prospective buyers enter their coverage request one time, and every company can give them a price determined by their information. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions for each company.
To find out how much you can save on car insurance click here (opens in new window).
The one disadvantage to using this type of system is you cannot specify the insurers to get quotes from. So if you prefer to pick specific insurance companies to compare prices, we put together a list of car insurance companies in Massachusetts. Click here for list of insurance companies in Massachusetts.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make absolute certain that you use apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles for each comparison quote. If you are comparing different limits and deductibles on each one you will not be able to decipher which rate is best in Holyoke. Just a small difference in limits may result in a large different in cost. And when quoting car insurance, remember that getting more free quotes will enable you to find lower pricing.
More discounts equal less premium
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every discount very well, so we researched both the well known and also the lesser-known car insurance savings.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Student in College – Kids in college who attend school more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates when buying car insurance.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a driver safety course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
To choose insurance companies with the best car insurance discounts in Holyoke, click here to view.
Price shop online but buy from a local Holyoke agent
A small number of people prefer to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this simple form, your information is sent to agents in your area who will give you bids to get your business. You never need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. How’s that for easy! You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with.
Selecting an provider should depend on more than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
What type of Holyoke car insurance agent is right for you?
If you’re trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are classified as either independent or captive.
These agents can only write with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. They are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently choose to use a captive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
These agents are not employed by any specific company but instead can place your coverage with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, you should always include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.Many can place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Holyoke that can give you rate quotes.
- Sellica Insurance Corp – 1632 Northampton St – Holyoke, MA 01040 – (413) 532-3208
- Martin J Clayton Insurance – 1649 Northampton St – Holyoke, MA 01040 – (413) 536-0804
For a complete listing of car insurance agents in Holyoke, simply jump to this page.
After getting reasonable responses for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that will adequately provide car insurance.
Why some people pay less for insurance in Holyoke
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- One company can mean more discounts – Some insurers will award you with lower prices to people who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to compare rates to ensure the best deal. Drivers may still find better rates by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Occupations such as lawyers, architects and stock brokers are shown to have the highest rates due to high stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, students and performers pay the least.
- Where do you drive? – The more miles you rack up on your car in a year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your car insurance policy is showing how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Cautious drivers pay less – A bad driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers with clean records get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Even one ticket may increase your cost forty percent or more. If you have dangerous violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
We covered some good ideas how you can shop for car insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies.
Budget-conscious car insurance can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Holyoke agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured cut physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price.
Additional Massachusetts consumer information
More detailed Massachusetts car insurance information is available at the Massachusetts Division of Insurance website. Consumers can file complaints about a company, find out which companies have the most complaints, and learn about specific coverages.