Perplexed by the crazy number of car insurance choices available to you? Florida vehicle owners have so many choices that it can really be more work than you anticipated to find better car insurance rates. If you live there, you know that Apopka is the perfect city to reside in, but having to pay for pricey car insurance can make it hard for many drivers to buy full coverage.
It’s important to price shop coverage before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best rates last year a different company probably has better premium rates today. You can find a lot of wrong information about car insurance out there, but in a few minutes you can learn some great ideas on how to put money back in your pocket.
Discounts for lower Florida car insurance rates
Auto insurance companies do not list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so we break down both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could be rewarded with lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few car insurance companies allow discounts for renewing your policy early. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with some car insurance companies.
- Sign Online – A handful of larger companies provide a small discount just for signing your application on their website.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their as compared to drivers with claims.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer policyholders these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies everywhere. To find providers with discount rates in Apopka, click this link.
Shopping for lower car insurance rates is a ton of work if you don’t know the most efficient way. You could waste a few hours discussing policy coverages with agents in Apopka, or you could save time and use online quotes to get the quickest rates.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-114.jpg" alt="Florida car insurance quote”/>
All the larger companies belong to a marketplace where prospective buyers complete one form, and each company then gives them pricing based on that data. This prevents consumers from doing quote forms to each company.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click here (opens in new window).
The one disadvantage to using this type of form is you are unable to specify the insurers to receive prices from. If you wish to select individual companies to request quotes from, we have a listing of car insurance companies in Florida. View list of Florida insurance companies.
Take whichever approach you prefer, but try to use nearly identical coverage limits for every quote you compare. If you enter unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be nearly impossible to determine which rate is truly the best in Apopka.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When buying the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
We’ve covered many tips how you can get a better price on car insurance. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding . Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including high prices, being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium or extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new car insurance company is less work than it seems.
Cheaper car insurance can be purchased online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not provide internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers work with independent insurance agents.