Price shopping your Wallace car insurance may be nearly impossible for drivers who are new to comparison shopping online. With such a large number of agents and online companies, it can easily turn into a burden to find the lowest price.
Take advantage of with these discounts
Companies don’t list the entire discount list very clearly, so the list below details some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you .
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next car insurance statement.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow their car insurance company to monitor driving habits by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for better car insurance rates.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the internet.
- Renewal Discounts – A few car insurance companies offer discounts for switching to them early. You may see this discount when you get .
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Popular car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- Esurance includes discounts for homeowner, Pac-12 alumni, good driver, anti-lock brakes, and paid-in-full.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for driver training, air bag, bundle, good student, and defensive driver.
- AAA offers discounts for good driver, multi-policy, good student, anti-theft, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
- Geico may have discounts that include federal employee, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, air bags, and good student.
- State Farm discounts include safe vehicle, multiple policy, good driver, accident-free, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and anti-theft.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. To locate insurers that offer some of these discounts in Idaho, click here.
There are several ways you can shop for car insurance but one way is easier and takes less work. You could spend your day driving to insurance agencies in Wallace, or you could save time and use online quoting to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Many of the larger companies belong to a marketplace that allows shoppers to send in one quote, and each participating company returns a rated price based on that information. This system prevents you from having to do form submissions to each individual car insurance company.
To compare rates using this form now click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to getting quotes like this is you cannot specify which carriers you want pricing from. So if you want to select individual companies to compare prices, we have a listing of low cost car insurance companies in Idaho. View list of Idaho insurance companies.
How you compare quotes is your choice, just do your best to use the exact same coverage limits for every company. If you enter different coverage information you can’t possibly make a fair comparison in Wallace.
Make smart decisions and save money
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the factors that are used to determine your car insurance rates. If you know what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find big savings. Lots of factors are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but some are more transparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
- Never let your car insurance policy lapse – Having a gap between insurance policy dates can be a sure-fire way to increase your car insurance rates. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time.
- Older drivers save more – More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to be easily distracted when driving so car insurance rates are higher.
- Don’t buy extra policy coverages you don’t use – There are many extra coverages that may not really be needed on your car insurance policy. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when discussing your needs, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
- Where you call home is a factor – Having an address in a rural area may provide you with better prices when trying to find low car insurance rates. People in densly populated areas regularly have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. Fewer people means fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Low credit score equals high rates – An insured’s credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your vehicle by repairing your credit. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be more responsible than those with lower ratings.
- Cars with good safety ratings save money – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Idaho?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Buying from insurance agencies
A small number of people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! Most agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local agencies is important particularly in Wallace.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to agents in your area that provide to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Independent or Captive: It’s your choice
If you prefer to buy car insurance from local Wallace agents, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents that you can choose from. Car insurance agents in Wallace are either captive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both handle car insurance, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you include rate quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Wallace that may be able to provide cheap rate quotes.
- Rossi Insurance Co – 602 Bank St – Wallace, ID 83873 – (208) 752-1188
Agents that choose to be captive can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captive insurance agents are well schooled on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Deciding on an auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance?
If you get positive feedback to your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Consumers in Idaho can’t ignore all the ads that claim the cheapest rates by Allstate and Progressive. They all seem to make the point that drivers will save a bundle just by moving your car insurance policy to them.
But how can every company give you a lower rate? You have to listen carefully.
Companies quote their cheapest rates for the driver that makes them money. For example, a profitable risk profile may be a married male, carries high limits, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Any person who fits those characteristics will get very good Wallace premium rates and have a good chance to cut their rates if they switch.
Consumers who fall outside this stringent profile may receive higher premium rates which translates to the prospect going elsewhere. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “people that switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way companies can truthfully lure you into getting a quote.
This really drives home the point why you really should get price quotes at each policy renewal. It is impossible to guess which company will have better prices than you’re paying now.
You can find cheaper coverage
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, finding a new car insurance company can be pretty painless.
Lower-priced car insurance can be found online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to with both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional car insurance information can be read on the website for the Idaho Department of Insurance. Click here for link. Consumers can find out industry alerts, find a variety of consumer forms, and find out which companies have the most complaints.